Fight the Kakistocracy!

Idea! ATTN: TucSSon SS'ers STUPOR BOWL!!

After seeing the post of the MD riders at Schaeffer, I think we need to show them what it is like out here in the desert. We should have a Stupor Bowl ride, before the big "game" so that no one complains. Where should it be? 24 hour course should be nice, 50 year, or perhaps the old stand by of Fantasy Island. What ever you guys want is OK with me. Post here and we will debate it to death in front of all of our snowed in brethren. A word of warning, this isn't going to be a race, just a way for a bunch of us to get together. Any takers? I will be riding that morning no matter what, I would like to try and catch the game though, there should be enough time for perhaps a suds or two in one of Catalina's finer establishments if we do the 24hr. Mexican food no matter what.

veelz

PS- out of towners are welcome if they want to come, just don't expect me to go fast.
    veelz

Gravity, not just a good idea, it's a law.
    The only one consistently and constantly applied, no exceptions.

Portable curmudgeon
    I don't follow the ball and stick sports - on what day does this bowl occur? Seriously, I don't even know. If I'm open that day, I'd be interested in any of the Tucson-area singlespeedable rides. I'll vote for the 50-Year Trail - I've been soaking up a lot of it lately and its always fun.

AZB
    contact me at douglas AT singlespeed DOT net or thru my mtbr profile

rejected

Upset

I had better hope your joking on that... the super bowl is not your run of the mill ball and stick sport.. its the biggest sporting event o the year.. football is also not a ball and sport game either...

as for not knowing who's playing... I think you just offended all of new england on that one... the NE patriots are going for their 2nd super bowl victory in 3 years, after a monumental 14 -2 regular season record..

don't post again with your ignoracnces about the professional sports, which you obviously don't care about...

Fight the Kakistocracy!

Chill out

Quote Originally Posted by gspot
    I had better hope your joking on that... the super bowl is not your run of the mill ball and stick sport.. its the biggest sporting event o the year.. football is also not a ball and sport game either...

as for not knowing who's playing... I think you just offended all of new england on that one... the NE patriots are going for their 2nd super bowl victory in 3 years, after a monumental 14 -2 regular season record..

don't post again with your ignoracnces about the professional sports, which you obviously don't care about...
    Step outside if you're in the NE area, and cool off gspot. Who cares if AZBound doesn't watch regular "pro" sports, my friends that watch sports 24/7 think I am weird come giro/tour/vuelta time, think I am nuts to go ride my bike at 8:30 at night when the temps are in the mid fourties (I know it is not that cold), and think that WalMart sells expensive bikes. We all have our own preferences. This is a friendly place, best on the net, and on mtbr, if you can't deal with that, I am sorry. The original post was desgined for Tucson, AZ riders, you didn't have to check it out. And as for my football affiliations, I will watch and game and root for Teddy Bruschi and the Pats, after all, he is a grad of the U of AZ and the "Desert Swarm" defense.

So far one vote for 50 year

veelz
    Last edited by veelz; 01-27-2004 at 07:12 AM.
    veelz

Gravity, not just a good idea, it's a law.
    The only one consistently and constantly applied, no exceptions.