Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Illegal Allien
    Sep 2004

Attn On One owners.

Seems to me this is what I'm gonna end up buying.

Can you give some info on it? Anything you think about the bike will be appreciated. Pics will be uber nice, too.

Thanks.

ali'i hua
    Quote Originally Posted by SSPIN

Can you give some info on it? Anything you think about the bike will be appreciated. Pics will be uber nice, too.

Thanks.
    had one of the early DN6 steel ones to make it state-side. loved the bike! good all arond SS with nothing to gripe about. the segmented fork is pretty sweet as well. had it built with a psylo up front, which added to the fun. 80mm locked for climbing? no problem. 125 and all choppered? also not an issue. the bike seemend to have zero issue with all of that.

no recent pics- its gone from me to meatfoot to ??? up in oregon.

those are Rollercams...

Battery's dead!

My darling bride always leaves the digital with either a dead battery or a full card Once it's charged I'll take some pics of mine.

Illegal Allien
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by WTB-rider
    My darling bride always leaves the digital with either a dead battery or a full card Once it's charged I'll take some pics of mine.

Great! Charge the 'other battery' and give me a review, eh?

mtbr member
    got one and love it! it runs with 130mm fork and it works nice. not choppered feel at all. smooth but still stif enough frame. i think you won't regret
    http://www.pinkbike.com/modules/phot...w&image=359459

mtbr member

I really like mine...

Quote Originally Posted by SSPIN

Thanks.
    I actually love it. It handles great and feels really solid.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    James
    ---------------
    [size=3] my bike sucks![/size]

mtbr member
    my Inbred and i have recently consummated our relationship. i love it that much.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I'm waiting for the 29" wheeled version. Latest news is that it should be available early spring, larger sizes only, sliding dropouts, otherwise the same as a regular inbred.

Sam

Sofa King We Todd Did
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolo
    I'm waiting for the 29" wheeled version. Latest news is that it should be available early spring, larger sizes only, sliding dropouts, otherwise the same as a regular inbred.

Sam
    You might be waiting a while, Kolo. I asked about the Inbred 29er yesterday, and Brant, as usual, was very forthcoming about the progress - or lack thereof - on the 29er.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

here's mine

[SIZE=1]"...it's a bike for riding."[/SIZE]

16" size
    P2 fork
    very stable due to long top tube / wheelbase
    Attached Images Attached Images

brother on a mission

Sizes?

Can any of you give me some advice on sizing the inbred?

I am 6' tall with a 33" inseam. I know the top tubes run long on the frames. I was wondering if the 20" would be too big for me. My current frame (which I use because it is what I have not because it was fitted properly) is a 19" Trek 930. I think the top tube on the 930 is about 23-23.5" long.

Thanks for any advice.

mtbr member
    i'm your size and i ride the medium one. it looks small, but it feels good when i'm on it. then again, i like a smaller frame, rather than a larger.

brother on a mission
    Quote Originally Posted by the Inbred
    i'm your size and i ride the medium one. it looks small, but it feels good when i'm on it. then again, i like a smaller frame, rather than a larger.
    Thanks. The reason I ask is because I may replace my geared bike's frame, and I found a 20" geared inbred frame for a reasonable price.

I guess the bigger issue is that I have just begun single speeding, and my geared bike has not seen much use recently.

Thanks again

ride your bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Reducer No. 62
    I actually love it. It handles great and feels really solid.
    Ahhh... Gotta love those H bars.
    Taking it easy for all you sinners.

mtbr member

I'm close...

Quote Originally Posted by Greenfix

I am 6' tall with a 33" inseam. I know the top tubes run long on the frames. I was wondering if the 20" would be too big for me. My current frame (which I use because it is what I have not because it was fitted properly) is a 19" Trek 930. I think the top tube on the 930 is about 23-23.5" long.

Thanks for any advice.
    I'm 6'1" with a 34" pubic bone height (32" -33" inseam) and I ride a 20" frame and it feels fine. Ask Brant, but I would think either the medium or large would fit you okay. BTW, there is a ton of standover on the large.
    James
    ---------------
    [size=3] my bike sucks![/size]

One gear to rule them all
    Quote Originally Posted by hilljack
    [SIZE=1]"...it's a bike for riding."[/SIZE]

16" size
    P2 fork
    very stable due to long top tube / wheelbase
    What's the deal with the P2 on that thing. My favorite part on Brant's bikes are the forks.
    I am looking to go rigid, maybe I should look into getting an On-One. Any one have comments on the On One fork?
    Todd............. If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague

brother on a mission
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Reducer No. 62
    I'm 6'1" with a 34" pubic bone height (32" -33" inseam) and I ride a 20" frame and it feels fine. Ask Brant, but I would think either the medium or large would fit you okay. BTW, there is a ton of standover on the large.
    Thanks for the info.

I will ask him if I decide to go ahead with the purchase. I am not buying from him directly, so I did not want to bother him with questions.

mtbr member
    Wow - the one with the On-one fork on it looks hot - as does the one with the Manitou Minute on it too!

I'll have to keep my eyes out for these frames on Ebay and the classifieds then.

16" frame for a 5'9" guy with a 30" inseam you think?

mtbr member
    Ding Ding Ding - if you can fit on an 18 and don't mind a frame that's not disc brake compatible,there is a seller on ebay that has a 16" and an 18" frame with Planet X Knifen fork for a buy it now of $299

Candlestick Maker
    Quote Originally Posted by MMcG
    Wow - the one with the On-one fork on it looks hot - as does the one with the Manitou Minute on it too!

I'll have to keep my eyes out for these frames on Ebay and the classifieds then.

16" frame for a 5'9" guy with a 30" inseam you think?
    Works for me w/ the same measurements... The long top tube is definitely noticeable, though. I'm running an 85mm stem and might go a bit shorter (75mm?). My seatpost is at almost max height (~280mm from top of seat tube to rails).

I have the on-one rigid fork, but actually have switched back to my Skareb. I have shite elbows that can only handle the rigid fork on an infrequent basis.

baker

Candlestick Maker
    Quote Originally Posted by MMcG
    Ding Ding Ding - if you can fit on an 18 and don't mind a frame that's not disc brake compatible,there is a seller on ebay that has a 16" and an 18" frame with Planet X Knifen fork for a buy it now of $299
    That's how I got my Inbred. Same seller, etc. I thought it was a good deal...

baker

mtbr member
    i actually got mine off of here. one of the 853 models...the one Dirt Rag used, as i was told.

mtbr member

BB height

My buddy has an inbred and has noticed that the bb clearance is noticably lower than my old 1x1. He said it was an english thing, I'd much rather go surly I've owned 2 so far, they'er like lee jeans, You can't bust'em.
    Large Niner One9 w/Niner carbon fork
    Large El Mariachi Ti Lefty equipped

Sofa King We Todd Did
    Did I imagine it or is/was the Inbred available in a 14" size as well? Or is 16" the smallest is comes in? Standover on a 16" frame looks like it's plenty for my 5'4" height, but I gotta wonder if that effective top tube length is a bit much for my stature. Wonder if that can be offset with a seriously short stem, I think I have one that's around 60mm or so.

Current owners? Brant?

mtbr member

Cool-blue Rhythm similar size...

Quote Originally Posted by Greenfix

Thanks for any advice.
    Greenfix,

First, I am really in love with this bike... coming off of a FS to the Steel Hardtail I was nervous but with tubeless tires, the Marzocchi up front, and the sweet ride of the DN6 steel I've been amazed at how plush this bike is... Now, it's no FS LazyBoy, but it really just glides on the the trail...

Second, I'm really close to your sizing... 6 ft. tall with 34 inch inseam. I picked the 20" and went against Brent suggestions and kept my stem relatively long at 110mm... The ride is nice and stretched but not to far. My back is just at the point of flattening out like it's supposed to and I'm not scrunched at all.

Third, If you want more of the details I posted this link a while back with all of my build and first review... Ready... Set... Go!!!

Cool! Hopefully you'll be "On One" soon!

Tony.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast