Ride da mOOn Moderator

New question here. Areas you have/you want to Singlespeed/ed, the half full/half to be filled bucket...

Post up major areas in your riding career:

1. Your half full bucket list of places you have "already" single speeded

2. Then filling the other half of your bucket of places you would "like to" SS before you leave earth to attend SS heaven!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by NEPMTBA View Post
    Post up major areas in your riding career:

1. Your half full bucket list of places you have "already" single speeded

2. Then filling the other half of your bucket of places you would "like to" SS before you leave earth to attend SS heaven!
    To #1:
    -Curt Gowdy State Park, WY. Anyone who owns a single speed needs to spend time here.
    - Moab, UT. Nothing in that area is unrideable on a single speed, in fact, most trails are more fun than with gears, in my experience.
    -All of my local trails. Some of them get steep, gears would be nice, but overall fantastic SS terrain

I'm not too well traveled, so my last point covers many of the trails that I've ridden.

As to #2:
    -New Zealand. Financially I was unable to make sswc while it was there. Some day. As stated above I'm not well traveled. Flying across an ocean, let alone just seeing one for the first time, would make me a happy camper.

-The Colorado Trail. Hopefully in the next 2 years. I have ridden sections, but never the whole thing. The CTR has shown not only that it can be done, but that it can be done at an incredible pace given the technical difficulty of the trail.

hispanic mechanic
    1) Fruita. Everything that was out there 10 years ago, including Pollack Bench (RIP)
    All over Denver.
    Moab.
    Noble Canyon and Big Laguna (east of San Diego.)
    San Juan Trail (San Juan Capistrano.)
    Santa Ana River Trail (below Big Bear.)
    Shenandoah Mountain 100 (western Virginia.)
    El Paso Puzzler 50 (El Paso.)

2) High Cascades 100, McKinsey River Trail, Plains of Abraham. I'll be checking these off my list in a month.
    Vancouver and surrounding areas.
    Ouachita and Womble trails.
    Great Divide.
    New Zealand.
    Europe- the whole damn place.

Let's face it- there are more places I'd love to ride my singlespeed than I possibly can think of in one sitting!

Los
    "Shut up body and do what I tell you."
    Jens Voight

http://teamjva.com/jens-voigt-soundboard/