mtbr member
    May 2007

anyone running Race Face Ride SS cranks?

Howdy SS'ers, curious to see if anyone has some feedback on the new Race Face Ride SS cranks/BB setup? I need to purchase a new set of SS cranks for my Kona and was considering the RF's Ride's,,,,,,,,,,couldn't find any details on weight for these 175's either, any help is appreciated. Costs are similiar to the Truvativ Stylo's 1.1's, but I was leaning towards the RF's this time around
    thanks

smell the saddle...
    I ride this set - http://wheelworld.com/itemdetails.cfm?ID=4157 (silver)

I got rid of the 32T chainring and went to a Blackspire 36T (to a WI ENO 16T freewheel). Stiff, bombproof cranks, fairly light, and cheap. No complaints here.

Live Life, Ride a Bike!
    Nice score on the Rides, I just did ok on a set of Evolves with X-type BB for a decent price of 99 NIB.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I have an X-Type set waiting for a Misfit frame, solidly built and not too heavy either I got them on clearance over a year ago for about $110. It just took me a year to get the rest of the parts together to build a new singlespeed machine.
    I have been riding the ISIS model stumonkey mentioned for two years on my regular bike, i do find that the inside of my shoe often gets hung up on the crankarm as it does stick out a fair bit. It's the attachment for the ratchet strap that grabs.

Live Life, Ride a Bike!
    "I have an X-Type set waiting for a Misfit frame"

As Do I!! I have a Large RAW coming my way and I am stoked!!!!

mtbr member
    May 2007

thanks for the info

thanks for the feedback, I think I'll order the RF Rides today and see how they workout,,,,,,,,,,,,,been happy with my White's and Paul's, all my Truvativ's and the other customized SS setups but they are all 180's,,,,,,,,,,,,,I wanted to try some 175's on the Kona since it is a F/S "A" frame.