Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

Anybody riding a Spot Rocker SS?

It looks like an awesome bike. Anybody rocking the Gate belt drive and the Spot? Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    I think the Honey Badger looks likes a much better option IMO.... The styling may not be for everybody though. I have ridden a belted Spot Rocker and it was smooth... Prob. can't go wrong with either option....

B2
    I bought one of the first Rockers made and still love it.The belt drive works well once set up properly. I have not had to change the belt or rings after 3 years of ridding and this is my go to bike, more miles and smiles on this then my other 2 bikes. There are some great deals on Rockers now with the Honey Badger coming out. I have been thinking its time for a change, just haven't found a single speed I like better.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anybody riding a Spot Rocker SS?-p6060031.jpg  

"Once you have had a wonderful dog, a life without one, is a life diminished."...Dean Koontz

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Perfect geometry IMO (esp the 69deg HA). If I ever spring for a custom steel or ti frame, I'll likely model the numbers after the Rocker.

I will say that I wish they still made the steel Rocker frames in Colorado (I believe they are only making their ti frames in Golden these days).

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008
    The Honey Badger comes with some Manipoo fork and is butt ugly.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    I actually really like the lines of the bike a lot.... And I wouldn't be getting the complete bike anyway to care about its fork.... All to their own

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I had a Spot OX platinum frame which was made in Golden before the rocker and i was not that impressed with the geometry. The chainstays were too long for my liking. The frame did ride really nice though. I replaced it with a bystickel that i could run the chainstays at16.25.
    Talk about fun!

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    theClymb.com has medium and large Spot Rockers on sale for $1999.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    The new center line gates belt drive is a huge improvement and as said above pick it up at theclymb.com and save a huge amount.

Long stem is the only thing I noticed on it but that may suit some.

All round it is a very good bike at this discount price (original price is a little steep).