Category Winner

ANYBODY with the Hadley SS hub yet??

I am looking into new wheels. Of course CK is an option but I am trying to put some thought into this. I have seen a picture of the Hadley and that is it. ANYBODY riding one???
    WWW.TEAMDICKY.COM

I get paid 3 every time I post on MTBR.

Kam
    A hopped on pop.
    hey there. first off, i gotta say, awesome job at la ruta. you are a monster. i got to ride with mario correa last weekend, he posts as mp3 here. also a fast rider and 3 time la ruta rider...MAD endurance too. congrats on you finish and awesome write up. i never have read a better thread, i loved it.

as for the hadley stuff. i have a regular (8/9 speed) hub that I laced to a 29er rim. i'll be using it on my ss though. i should get my frame in monday or so, build it up and ride it. i'll be using a king cog and cassette spacers.

i won't be able to comment on the long term reliabilty since i haven't ridin 'em yet. as far the hubs themselves go, they look nice. the hubshell diameter is huge, the flanges are tall and beefy. the ti freehub is nicely machined as is the hubsheel. the bearings are mad smooth right out of the box. they make the kings look whimpy, but we all know the kings are the hub to beat out there. the hadley are heavier (weight is 210g f, 380g r). guys in the DH/FR forum love the hadley hubs though.

when i was shopping for new wheels, i debated between the kings and hadley hubs. i talked to a few wheel builders and all of them said it's a toss up (a couple even preferred the hadley since i was going to ride rigid). the hadley will be abit cheaper, the king will be abit lighter. both have crazy fast engagement. since i'll be riding rigid, i chose the hadley...i like the beefy hubshells.

try posting this in the wheel forum to see if you get a few responses. i am sure there are some hadley users that will respond.