mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Any1 use WTB Exiwolf 2.3 29er rear on Fisher RIG 2007?

Does anyone here use the WTB Exiwolf 2.3 29Er Tire on the rear of their Gary Fisher RIG (2007 black)single speed by chance? I know there's a clearance issue but some tires can make the rear without scraping the frame.

What is the official tire clearance for the rear?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by RogerDoger; 11-03-2008 at 10:06 AM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerDoger
    Does anyone here use the WTB Exiwolf 2.3 29Er Tire on the rear of their Gary Fisher RIG (2007 black)single speed by chance? I know there's a clearance issue but some tires can make the rear without scraping the frame.

What is the official tire clearance for the rear?

Thanks in advance.
    They clear my Niner SIR9 just fine. I have a used pair (with a lot of mileage left on them) I'll sell you for dirt cheap. I'm in VT and they clog up with mud pretty good - slide around too much on corners for my liking. However, by your profile I see you are from the Southwest so they should work just fine for your neck of the woods.

PM me with a reasonable offer and they're yours.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Appreciated, however, Fisher rig bikes had a clearance issue in 2007 so I don't know if they will even fit.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    According to Shiggy, the Exi measures 57.3mm at the widest tread part on a 24mm Dyad rim. Measure with your current tire at the widest part the distance between the chainstays and compare.

http://mtbtires.com/specs/700.html

Birthday Collector
    Not sure about tire clearances on the Rig, but the tire is overall my favorite rear tire to date on my SS. My XXIX has loads of tire clearance, so no problem with the Exi on back. If it will clear and you have a lot of dry, or rocky conditions it works well. I thought it even did OK in the NorCal mud we have - but not as good as the Michelin AT that I put on for the mucky stuff.
    R.I.P. Corky 10/97-4/09
    Disclaimer: I sell and repair bikes for a living
    http://www.endlesscyclesonline.com

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I had them on my 2006 rig and they worked. I could get them to rub, but no more than the stock Jones tires that came on the bike.

is buachail foighneach me
    i ran one occasionally on my 2007 black rig, and i could get it to rub if i really stomped the pedals with the stock wheels. with a sturdier wheel out back i doubt it would rub, but your mud/snow/leaf clearance would suck.