mtbr member
    Mar 2008

Alternatives to Kona Kula Deluxe Frame?

Im looking to buy a hardtail frame, and the Kona Kula Deluxe caught my eye. I noticed it has verticle dropouts with horizontal adjustment built into it. Does anyone know of other frames that have this feature? I like to change my drivetrain a lot and this looks like a good feature for someone like me to have.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Alternatives to Kona Kula Deluxe Frame?-%24t2ec16zhjg8e9nyfoubybqcf6gzoqq%7E%7E60_57.jpg  

Bad cat!
    Could get a Kona Unit...kona sells a derailleur hanger for it and you'd have the same setup in a 29er steel frame, or big unit and it would be scandium. Just saw a big unit frame (size small) go on ebay for less than 200, not bad... Kula deluxe is a 26" scandium frame?

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    This particular Kula was a 29" scandium. Im not sure what options it comes with, but I know they have some versions that have the welded on verticle dropouts. I like them to be replaceable like the one I posted has, since I fiddle with it so much.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    OnOne Inbred swap out frame.
    The Inbred slot dropout is simpler and cheaper.

Bad cat!
    Kona Unit Single-Speed 29'er Frame

Just has a pic of the sliders...so you get the derailleur hanger as an accessory, think it was $20? Can't remember. Then you can go back and forth, single speed, geared, whatever...