Thread: Adulthood

mtbr member

Adulthood

I’m an adult because in scientific and medical terms, I have pubes…and because I am 30, and because in a few days, my little one will be born to my loving wife of 4 years, Sarah.

I’m an adult and I have to face the facts of responsibility…but to keep that immature inner child happy, I ride SS. Why? It’s fun. Some people just don’t get SS. For them sure, riding is fun, do what you must. But for me, SS brings out the simple fact of riding unobstructed by the shifting of multiple gears.

That’s one of the aspects of fun and SS.

The other aspect with it is that there’s hardly any maintenance. Don’t matter if you like to bling your rig, there’s not as much worrisome maintenance like a geared bike. Take good care of your bike, and it will thank you in the long run.

You guys are my bítches...oh, and fük cars!
    Last edited by ernesto_from_Wisconsin; 04-22-2004 at 09:15 AM. Reason: .

USB Rep'n
    hehe, hehe, uhhhh, hehe...you said pubes!

Scott (in all my childish glory)
    though hope is frail, it must prevail - Taj Weekes

betam eh-wud-eh-HA-lehu y
    eh-nay Ityopia!

try driving your car less
    Quote Originally Posted by ernesto_from_Wisconsin
    I’m an adult gnome!
    do you have a recipe for homemade gnome energy bars? something that involves gasoline and burger king wrappers.
    Only boring people get bored.

mtbr member

no

Quote Originally Posted by jh_on_the_cape
    do you have a recipe for homemade gnome energy bars? something that involves gasoline and burger king wrappers.
    No, I don't use that recipe anymore. Gasoline willbe getting scarce: http://www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net/PageOne.html

I do make gnome energy gu though. Put three wooly gnomes in a blender, apply some vaseline, a lime, and a ripe avocado...

try driving your car less
    Quote Originally Posted by ernesto_from_Wisconsin
    No, I don't use that recipe anymore. Gasoline willbe getting scarce: http://www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net/PageOne.html

I do make gnome energy gu though. Put three wooly gnomes in a blender, apply some vaseline, a lime, and a ripe avocado...
    where should i put the vaseline?
    and what should i do with the lime?

what to do with the avocado is obvious.

Only boring people get bored.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jh_on_the_cape
    where should i put the vaseline?
    and what should i do with the lime?

what to do with the avocado is obvious
    Um, John on the Cape, all the ingredients will go "IN" the blender.
    But if you like to follow alternative lifestyles, do this:

The lime? Douse it with salt, put it in your trap, and just chew on it. It's a nice Mexican treat...AH! making my mouth water.

The avocado? it all depends. You can cut it and put it in some chicken soup, or put it as a flavoring for a quesadilla, or use in a salad.

it's noon and I want a beer...

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Cool-blue Rhythm beer:30.

last night when i got home from work, i wanted a beer, but i wanted to ride more. so after first checking to see if i'd be able to open an ice-cold newcastle with my crank bros micra tool, i tucked said newcastle in my hydration pack (next to an h2o bladder full of ice water) and took off for a ride. i cleaned a climb i hadn't yet managed this year, and then just kept pedaling.

i was having so much fun it didn't want to stop for the beer. plus, i had a loooong climb back up to my house, and i didn't want to puke on my pretty new bike. so when i got home, i opened the newcastle with my multi tool, went into the house and made a cranberry & walnut mixed green salad and grilled a pork tenderloin i had been marinading for 48 hours in a mesquite-lime marinade.

then i had another beer. it was a stone ipa this time.

i later showed remarkable restraint by not going for the bottle of jager in the freezer. that's Adulthood for ya.
    [size=1][/size]

mtbr member

that, it is

Quote Originally Posted by eSSq

i later showed remarkable restraint by not going for the bottle of jager in the freezer. that's Adulthood for ya.
    That is a true aspect of responsible adulthood!

Now off to the Adult Bookstore...

Penis Goat!
    Quote Originally Posted by eSSq
    so when i got home, i opened the newcastle with my multi tool, went into the house and made a cranberry & walnut mixed green salad and grilled a pork tenderloin i had been marinading for 48 hours in a mesquite-lime marinade.

then i had another beer. it was a stone ipa this time.
    Jesus Christ that all sounds soooooo good.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Good job! d@mn straight it was!

i love to cook, and having just gone for a nice solid ride makes it all taste so much the better.

the thing is, that was all very easy to prepare and not even that expensive.

tonight it's another ride followed by spinach gnocchi w/ gorgonzola sauce, a ketel one martini, and round 2 of the cranberry-walnut salad (i have some left over).
    [size=1][/size]