mtbr member

29" carbon forks

New to SS, I just got a Kona Unit.....
    Besides the weight, which are the main differences between White Bros, On-One, Nukeproof, others ? Suggestions ?

Thanks
    Last edited by italiancarbs; 07-20-2009 at 06:42 AM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    On One is the burliest with no max rider weight and no rotor limits. The White Bros/Origin8 ones are lighter but have a 160mm max rotor size. Are we talking 29 or 26? That makes a difference too. The 29 On One has a 47mm offset which will quicken the steering.

mtbr member
    tks Schmucker.....it's a 29" Unit.. I think 160 is quite enough on a rigid bike, so that's not a problem. I want to take some grams off the bike (actually I have no idea of the weight and rake of the original steel fork).
    None has experience of Nukeproof ?

grazie, ciao

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Have you looked at exotic? It seems to be the most reasonably priced at around 180 dollars. It's the one I'm looking at.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ctaggart
    Have you looked at exotic? It seems to be the most reasonably priced at around 180 dollars. It's the one I'm looking at.
    yeap, I was looking at that too, but yesterday I've found one used White B. ........let's try..

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    eXotic and White Bros are the same forks, as I believe are Nuke Proof.

mtbr member
    they look actually the same, but they do not publish same weights....

mtbr member
    they look actually the same, but they do not publish same weights....

mtbr member
    My On-One 29er carbon fork weighs 912 grams with the steerer cut to fit my medium frame.
    As little bike as possible, as silent as possible.
    Latitude: 5736' Highlands, Scotland

808+909 = Party Good Time
    Google the forks on MTBR and you will see pages of threads about how the forks differ. They are often all made in the same factory (except the OnOne, Niner and Bontrager forks) but they can have different carbon qualities, the crowns can be attached different and so on. A quick search will give you the answer.

My thought is stick with tried and tested forks, don't just go for $$$ value otherwise you might find out the hard way which are made differently. WB, Origin 8 and On One are hands down well tested forks. On One consistantly receives great reviews by all owners as does WB. Otherwise save ya pennies and get one of the new Niner or Bontrager forks.

Oh I think axle to crown length is 470mm on the On One where as many of the others run 468mm or 465mm depending on brands.