locked - time out

New question here. 26" Redline Monocog Flight AL sizing input needed

To all Redline Monocog Flight owners:

I'm considering a purchase of said frame, but I'm in the middle of a sizing dilemma. From what specs I have found, I seem to be in between sizing of the 17" and 19".

The seat tube on the 17" looks a bit short - I'd have to run a 410mm post to get my 74 to 75mm (it varies w/ fitness) saddle extension. I'd also probably have to go with a longer stem - 120mm.

The 19" is a bit longer in the TT and I'm guessing a 100mm stem should fit the bill, and the seat tube is a bit longer so less post will show. But I think I've read the stand-over hovers in the 31" range. With a 33" inseam, I worry about "the twins". Especially if I decide to put a sus-fork on or a bit bigger tire.

I'm basing my loose figures on the '07 cro-mo flight. I can only find a '07 geometry chart for the steel Flight version....Any one got an '06 chart?

So to all you 26" Monocog owbners - How do you measure up and what frame size did you go with? If you could provide saddle height, stem length, what'd you keep, what'd you change, further measurements, etc. it would GREATLY be appreciated. I'm buying the frame via mail order, so riding one of each size isn't an accessable option.

Thanks in advance.

Disabled Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by the_colorado_kid
    To all Redline Monocog Flight owners:

I'm considering a purchase of said frame, but I'm in the middle of a sizing dilemma. From what specs I have found, I seem to be in between sizing of the 17" and 19".

The seat tube on the 17" looks a bit short - I'd have to run a 410mm post to get my 74 to 75mm (it varies w/ fitness) saddle extension. I'd also probably have to go with a longer stem - 120mm.

The 19" is a bit longer in the TT and I'm guessing a 100mm stem should fit the bill, and the seat tube is a bit longer so less post will show. But I think I've read the stand-over hovers in the 31" range. With a 33" inseam, I worry about "the twins". Especially if I decide to put a sus-fork on or a bit bigger tire.

I'm basing my loose figures on the '07 cro-mo flight. I can only find a '07 geometry chart for the steel Flight version....Any one got an '06 chart?

So to all you 26" Monocog owbners - How do you measure up and what frame size did you go with? If you could provide saddle height, stem length, what'd you keep, what'd you change, further measurements, etc. it would GREATLY be appreciated. I'm buying the frame via mail order, so riding one of each size isn't an accessable option.

Thanks in advance.
    while i don't have all the measurements on my '04-ish 'cog,i bought mine slightly used sight-unseen off a net freind,so i was in a similar scenario.i'm 5'9" tall,w/ a 32" inseam (thats my levi size anyways,32x32).mine is a 19" frame,and i find that redlines are sized a little bigger than frame size would suggest.my normal med sized bike is an 18",and one 17.5" (rocky mtn blizzard),and my 'cog is just a little long in the top tube for the uprite riding position my spinal injuries from a while back require.i do ride it more 'n most other bikes in my stable,tho,i currently have a 70-ish mm bontrager stem on it to compensate,but when the urge to slap some slicks on it and road ride a little,i put the 100mm back on it.i'm actually only sitting 3' from it as i type this,but i actually don't have any way of measuring anything on it .hope this helps any.i'll ask my wife when she gets in from work if she has any measurin stuff (she occasionally sews as a hobby),if she does,i'll take some measurements and post em.this pic seems worn out already,as it's posted elsewhere,but i just bought the digicam w/in the last coupla months,and it's the only decent pic i got of the 'cog b4 i got laid up recently (hopefully it's only long term,not permanent...wish me luck)
    Attached Images Attached Images

locked - time out

Here's the poop - If you're interested

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Well all,

It seems the geometry between the 06 and 07 models aren't the same like the "tech-guy" at Nashbar informed me. I wanted to see the numbers for myself, so after some serious digging, I was able to come up with an 06 brochure. I've attached it so that others can get accurate info if choosing to buy this frame. Hope it helps!

T.C.K.
    Last edited by the_colorado_kid; 03-08-2007 at 04:32 PM.

more beers, lees gears.
    Any one know what the seat post sizing is? I have one, and I need a new seat tube, just cant figure out its size. Tape measure says 1.125", but that adds up to be over 28mm. so maybe im off and its 27.2?

jason8265
    26.8 mm

more beers, lees gears.
    i think my readline is an 02. Still 26.8?

What's really odd, I was able to take my wifes titec post out of her rocky mtn, and it fit fin, but I can not get my ti titec into her bike at all. thats why I thought I may have a 27.2.

My Ti Titec has a nice curve in it, so much the nose of the seat wont go any lower.

thanks!