Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

2006 Midwest MTB Festival

1K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  stinkbait666 
#1 ·
See less See more
#4 ·
Klondike again?

Probably too late for this year. But has there been any thought to having it someplace other than Klondike?

As you know (probably better than anyone else), there is a lots of trails to choose from within a couple of hours from there.

I am sure you all have your reasons for choosing Klondike, (camping, accessibility, etc.) but I think it would be nice to have it somewhere else.

#5 ·
KonaSS said:
Probably too late for this year. But has there been any thought to having it someplace other than Klondike?
Why, yes, we have thought of having it elsewhere. As a matter of fact, we'd like it to be a 'travelling' event to some extent. It was in KC for 3 years, StL for 2 now, and maybe for '07 or '08 we'd like someone else to take it.

Upstate Illinois has been mentioned. I think you're referring to the Mark Twain NF. Yes, there's great trail there, but the rest of the facilities are pretty much non-existant. There's not even water at most of the campgrounds.

Plus, St.Charles County is intent on becoming a MTB destination in Missouri/Midwest, and they want to promote it. We have, I know you've all heard this before... 18 miles of singletrack in rideable distance from Klondike. In addition to that there's another 5 miles in another park up the road, plus, we're laying out plans for over 10 miles of new trail very close to Klondike.

Sorry for the long reply. Hope to see you in April!

#8 ·
iliketoridebikes said:
oooo i can't wait
i just know i'm going to meet some hot biker guys there!!!
Can you say sausagefest? Drink some rum from your flask and they'll all look like women. Or tuck an adult magazine in the cargo pocket of your camo shorts for manual good times.

As far as being hung over, you have to pace yourself. Two beers in a row and you could be revealing your affection for the movie "Brokeback Mountain" because of its strong emotional and relationship-based content.

#9 ·
kingfurby said:
As far as being hung over, you have to pace yourself. Two beers in a row and you could be revealing your affection for the movie "Brokeback Mountain" because of its strong emotional and relationship-based content.
Your tolerance must be lower than mine. Or you have some tendencies that i don't....

Either way, the party should be fun. Is anyone bringing whiskey this time?

#10 ·
kingfurby said:
Can you say sausagefest? Drink some rum from your flask and they'll all look like women. Or tuck an adult magazine in the cargo pocket of your camo shorts for manual good times.

ouch my self esteem hurts

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.