mtbr member

1st KM Commuter Ride

AH! the cold sucks like a lamprey would on my neck.

I got in about 15 min. ago, and let me tell you, the way I have the KM set up, it is perfect for my 6.5 mile commute to work.

Not too fast and no too slow for the hills around here. I do have to ride past Arrowhead high school, and it amazes me...today being the 1st day of classes, I see them HBFKs being driven by mommy. Asses.

So the KM is great for this sort of thing, upright a la comfort bike, but with its nice geometry, not a harsh ride at all. I love this bike. The Bontrager Jones tires make for great commuters in crappy conditions...and yes, the weather is getting worse as I type...but that's why I rode the KM today. if I had ridden the Pacer, I know I'd be in trouble with them skinny slick tires.

mtbr member

I think I'm in trouble...

I rode the skinny tired fixie today Ernesto and I'm listening to the winter weather advisory announcements on the 105.5MMM. Do you think my mom would come get me after work?

mtbr member

mom

Quote Originally Posted by Nater
    I rode the skinny tired fixie today Ernesto and I'm listening to the winter weather advisory announcements on the 105.5MMM. Do you think my mom would come get me after work?
    is your mom hot?
    Only if there's enough snow out there to make a snow demon, then yes, your mom should be paiged so she can pick you up.

mtbr member

No snow...

Quote Originally Posted by ernesto_from_Wisconsin
    is your mom hot?
    Only if there's enough snow out there to make a snow demon, then yes, your mom should be paiged so she can pick you up.
    We don't have any snow in Madison either...I guess I'm gonna have to slide home sideways in a fixie skid/

mtbr member

coldness

Quote Originally Posted by Nater
    We don't have any snow in Madison either...I guess I'm gonna have to slide home sideways in a fixie skid/
    don't worry, soon, in WI, the weather will be good, in May i suppose.

But as long as you've got the right geat, why not ride, right?
    What kind of fixie are you runnin? Could you fit cross knobbies?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ernesto_from_Wisconsin
    don't worry, soon, in WI, the weather will be good, in May i suppose.

But as long as you've got the right geat, why not ride, right?
    What kind of fixie are you runnin? Could you fit cross knobbies?
    I was riding my Cross Check fixie...I recently built up an old Kent frame that I bought from Budget Bicycles Used store for $15. Scored some nice parts from various friends and today is it's maiden voyage in fact. I still commute on the Surly sometimes too (one commuter is kept at my place and the other at my girlfriend's house). A knobby would fit on the rear but I had to change the front tire last night...the 28mm tire that I had on there wouldn't clear the fork crown...now there is a 23mm on the front. I'll ride the Cross Check with knobbies when the weather is crappy.