mtbr member

130mm to 135mm ENO Conversion

I have an ENO hub on my road bike that I would like to use on a mountain bike. Is it possible to purchase a 135mm axle and swap them out?

Thanks

Schipperkes are cool.
    Bolt it and go.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesee
    Better suited to non-aggressive 125# gals named Russell.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I would be curious to know if any of you guys have used an eccentric ENO successfully. I have heard from some folks that the eccentric is too _precious_ for the dirt.

First post BTW! Woohooo

mtbr member
    I am certain that White Ind will sell you the parts to go 135mm.

I have any ENO on a Ti Bike and it has never slipped. It is an excellent product!

Peace!

fnInt(1/x^2,x,0,1)
    You can buy the endcaps to make the eccentric 135mm or 130mm. I have both so I can make mine road or MTB. Check harris cyclery ala Sheldon Brown. Good price and quick shipment.

mtbr member
    yes yes an yes. 130mm to 135mm is very possible since I do that to mine. Precious for the dirt? it loves dirt.

All you need to order would be a 135mm axle conversion.

PeT
    Occasionally engagedů
    I have two ENO eccentrics for my 29er SS, one 130mm and the other 135mm, and both fit in my frame (and work perfectly in my dusty and sandy conditions). If you have steel or Ti frames -- and probably even aluminum -- the 130mm axle will likely bolt in just fine in your mtb frame. Pull out a ruler and look at how big 5 mm is, then halve it, then realize how very little extra your droputs have to pull in when you bolt in a 130mm axle into a 135mm spacing, then realize that difference is going to be made up all along the length of your stays, and then realize how many beers you can buy with the money you save by not buying an axle conversion kit...
    "The plural of anecdote is not data." -- Attributed to various people in a variety of forms, but always worth remembering...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by PeT
    I have two ENO eccentrics for my 29er SS, one 130mm and the other 135mm, and both fit in my frame (and work perfectly in my dusty and sandy conditions). If you have steel or Ti frames -- and probably even aluminum -- the 130mm axle will likely bolt in just fine in your mtb frame. Pull out a ruler and look at how big 5 mm is, then halve it, then realize how very little extra your droputs have to pull in when you bolt in a 130mm axle into a 135mm spacing, then realize that difference is going to be made up all along the length of your stays, and then realize how many beers you can buy with the money you save by not buying an axle conversion kit...
    Just like geico