Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Rotor Size On 2003 Dirt Jumper 1?

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  finchy 
#1 ·
I am looking into buying a 2003 Dirt Jumper with QR20+. I noticed that on marzocchi's website it said that the disc brake tabs were DH international 8in. Does that mean that you can only use 8 inch rotors or that it was strong enough to take a 8 inch rotor? I know it seems like a retarded question, but alot of urban riders and dirt jumpers do not use an 8 inch rotor. Does anyone have a 2003 dj1 or could someone please explain this to me! Thanks! ;)

G
#2 ·
Something Clever... said:
I am looking into buying a 2003 Dirt Jumper with QR20+. I noticed that on marzocchi's website it said that the disc brake tabs were DH international 8in. Does that mean that you can only use 8 inch rotors or that it was strong enough to take a 8 inch rotor? I know it seems like a retarded question, but alot of urban riders and dirt jumpers do not use an 8 inch rotor. Does anyone have a 2003 dj1 or could someone please explain this to me! Thanks! ;)
It means you can use an 8 inch rotor. You CAN use a 6 inch rotor, with the right adapter. Most street riders use 6 cause thats all the power they need and its out of the way.

#3 ·
ive ran both set ups

i had a DJ3 with a QR though not a good choice... lol... i was ridin dh and the power of the brakes almost bent the dropouts at the bottom and the wheel had to be redished and the hose blew other crap to...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.