Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Johnny Cake trail.

3K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  SworksDan 
#1 ·
Has anyone found the 6 mile mostly down hill trail , at the end of Johnny Cake rd in Burlington ?

#6 · (Edited)
I followed the log skidder from Burlington on Wed. Saw them working in there on Thurs. Was on my way to Lamson Corner(by Scoville)to log the trails into my GPS's trip log. I have 'almost' every trail between George Washington Tpke, Stone Rd, and Rt 69. Should be posting shortly-the files from my GPS are too big to post. Haven't been on the Johnny Cake side at all. I know that Johnny Cake Road used to go all of the way to the sharp corner on Scoville-sounds like you know more about it than I do. Twenty years ago* I heard that the Burlington postman was still driving through it as a shortcut. *Correction thirty years ago.

I believe they moved the Tunxis trail over to that side of Rt 69(they have maps up but I cannot decipher them). I heard it comes out near Dunkin Donuts to avoid walking the mile between Mt Spring Rd and Covey Rd on Rt 4. If I am correct that they moved the Tunxis Trail to the west side of Rt 69, I do not think that they would be allowed to destroy the Tunxis Trail.

#7 ·
I followed the log skidder from Burlington on Wed. Saw them working in there on Thurs. Was on my way to Lamson Corner(by Scoville)to log the trails into my GPS's trip log. I have 'almost' every trail between George Washington Tpke, Stone Rd, and Rt 69. Should be posting shortly-the files from my GPS are too big to post. Haven't been on the Johnny Cake side at all. I know that Johnny Cake Road used to go all of the way to the sharp corner on Scoville-sounds like you know more about it than I do. Twenty years ago I heard that the Burlington postman was still driving through it as a shortcut.

I believe they moved the Tunxis trail over to that side of Rt 69(they have maps up but I cannot decipher them). I heard it comes out near Dunkin Donuts to avoid walking the mile between Mt Spring Rd and Covey Rd on Rt 4. If I am correct that they moved the Tunxis Trail to the west side of Rt 69, I do not think that they would be allowed to destroy the Tunxis Trail.

You've got most of them, but I see a few trails missing.

As you mentioned, the logging has started on the west side of 69. While riding down Hinman last week we crossed over two sets of skidder tracks headed up towards Crying Indian and Ball Bag. The Blue trail was rerouted, but I believe it's west of the logging area. There is a blue spur trail (white dot) just north of the logging, but I'm sure it will be left intact.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.