Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Cairns riding suggestions.

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  john85D 
#1 ·
I'm leaving tomorrow from SA and I'm driving to Cairns. I am taking my bike and I would like to ride it when I get there can someone please tell me anything you can about the trails. I dont really know anything but I have a few days of driving there to find out. Any suggestions of where to go or even what tyres would be good for the local terrain. If there is a resort that backs onto trails well that would be cool to know about too. Any info at all would be appreciated as I've never been there and I don't want to waste too much time while I'm there.

#4 ·
Feel free to email me at jamescbrennan @ hotmail . com. I moved here a year ago and have been out exploring some of the amazing trails here. Everything from world cup DH and old school DH straight down the mountain through rainforest, to world cup XC, wild trails, groomed trails, and 5 hour epics through the rainforest where you feel totally lost. I'd be happy to make recommendations or even show you around a bit. I ride a few times a week and would be happy to have you along and show you the best of Cairns.

#5 ·
James I have not been able to internets and check this forum I have a ride booked with Cairn MTB tours tomorrow and Im on the all mountain tour. If you happen to see this tonight could you let me know what tyres would be more suitable for the local trails. Schwalbe rocket rons or maxxis ardent race? Going by the morning down pours Im assuming that the trails will be muddy.

#7 ·
Hi John85D. I have not ridden with the tours, but I see them out on the trails and have heard they are good. If you are interested in doing more riding and not paying for tours every day, I would be happy to show you around. I usually ride 2-3 times per week and would be happy to show you around a bit depending on what you are looking for and your riding level. You can email me at jamescbrennan @ hotmail dot com.

Unfortunately next weekend may not be a great time for riding. We are potentially looking at a cyclone hitting late this week and into the weekend. Depending on that, it may make the trails unrideable, at least for the first part of next week.

But, if you shoot me an email, we can chat and I'll keep you up to date on the trail conditions.

Later,
James

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.