Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Element 90

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  rockyuphill 
#1 ·
I bought a 2009 Rocky Mountain Element 90 from a friend and coworker yesterday. I noticed the carbon fibre seat stay has a small crack in it. He said it has been like that for 3 years of racing and never changed.

They still make them and cost about $220 CDN, do I replace it? Any chance there is a warranty left on it?

Thanks
Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle part Spoke Bicycle accessory

See less See more
#2 ·
The warranty only applies for the original owner, so your friend would have to make the warranty claim as the original owner if he has the original bill of sale.

It's hard to tell from the photo if it is just in the clearcoat, or extends into the carbon fiber structure. If it extends into the CF structure you'll want to budget for a replacement eventually.

#3 ·
The warranty only applies for the original owner, so your friend would have to make the warranty claim as the original owner if he has the original bill of sale.

It's hard to tell from the photo if it is just in the clearcoat, or extends into the carbon fiber structure. If it extends into the CF structure you'll want to budget for a replacement eventually.
The Rocky dealer said it was cracked, and to expect replacement. It is not super expensive, so I guess I will order parts for the winter.

I can get the original owner to send me the receipt, but it may be out of the warranty period.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.