Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Hi There!

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Kutch98 
#1 ·
So I have been living in North Las Vegas for a little over a year now and have been riding since 2008. I currently own a Trek Fuel EX 8 for trail riding and a Gary Fisher Rail for road biking (About the same as a Trek 1.1 for you road bikers, GF only had a line of road bikes for a year). I have not been overly happy with the trail selection here in Vegas. I lived in Colorado for 4 years before moving here and LOVED all of the trails there were there. Here, everything has seemed to be desert trails.

Well I finally did some research and found Bristlecone trail up on Mt. Charleston. I really enjoyed it. I started at lower and climbed up and then did Upper. Good ride! Today I went out and did Robbers Roost...I think. It was by the trailhead but I went down the mountain instead of up and came out by a construction yard by the new Round A Bout just before the lodge. Thats a really fun trail too, but I wish I would have known where all it was going. That ride back up 158 to the parking lot sucked!

Anyway, I am here in Vegas for a few more months before Ill be moving to El Paso. Anymore trails like these? I found a video for something something Chutes and Ladders but wasnt sure on the location of it, unless thats what I as on today? Does anybody have a mtb trailmap for Mt. Charleston? My video of todays ride is loading to YouTube now and I will post it when its done in about 15 min.

Jake

See less See more
#3 ·
You found the middle kyle cyn trail system. There's several lines from the parking lot for the north loop trail that drop to robbers roost then continue down to the new fire station.
Most park at bottom and share car shuttles up.... some of us prefer to ride up as well:thumbsup:
At 1:11 in your video you turn right onto the main path/trail...next time roll about ten feet past that turn and look for a tighter trail that dives into the trees also to the right .... "Tincan" is way fun compared to what you rode . :)

#6 ·
Haha...that video was shot by my friend about 3 years ago back when I was new and wore lots of pads. I'm the guy in the black. That exact line doesn't really exist anymore. There are 2 trails that run parallel. We use to start on the one on the right and at a certain point connect into tin can alley by making a left into the trees. This left turn isn't there any more. What you want to do now is referred to as blue ribbon trail which connects into tin can. It's the same idea but flows better. Send me a pm and we can chat. ...

#7 ·
I forgot to bring my Garmin Forerunner when I rode this so I couldnt export it to Google Earth. Tried to draw the line on the map and when I did I realized I was on the wrong path. lol. It was a fun ride...just def need a shuttle system going. Maybe that will be a weekend job. lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.