Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Brevard NC vs. State College PA for Mancation

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  plumbfire01 
#1 ·
Some of my friends and I are planning a MTB mancation for the first week of October. We have narrowed it down to Brevard NC (Dupont/Pisgah/Possibly Tsali) and State College PA (Rothrock and Allegrippis). We like deep woods, fast XC where you can get in a lot of miles quickly. We will probably be camping, and like most of you we like easy access to good food and beer.

Which destination would be more fun and why? Trail/food/beer recommendations are highly appreciated!

#2 ·
SO Brevard and Bumcombe Co is one of the better areas in the SE for microbreweries and amazing bike trails......as far as fast flowing trails easily...... you would be better to ride 2hrs south and hit up IMBA EPIC Fats in augusta for the 37miles in a day trip...roller coaster like.

A lot of the trails in dupont and pisgah are fast but many are slower and climb more. pisgah offers camping spots all over and some pretty cool places to camp at the river down by the fish hatchery... IF it were me, go for Asheville Area and hit Tsali for some trail milage and come back to town for amazing brews and fish tacos.... (the Wedge and White Duck Tacos)

Green Man Brewery is cool, great brew.
The Chocolate Lounge in town is a chill place to taste some good brew and the best chocolate desserts the city has to offer. I like places like the wedge for brew because they have a different food truck everyday for chow and you can relax and eat tacos down the street if your not feeling the food truck for that day.... LOVE LOVE LOVE Asheville area.... I live in Hilton Head SC and frequent WNC 1-2x monthly...... Good Luck and ill be up there around that time probably as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.