Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Camp & ride

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  iceboxsteve 
#1 ·
Lookin for a place that has a nice camp site and a set of good trails to ride. Looking to go with some of my pals and do a little drinkin with no ranger issues or kids all around. Any suggestions

#5 ·
I have been wondering what the deal is with those shelters at Bigelow. Do you need DEEP permission to use them (they are actually in the Nipmuck State Forest, on Breakneck Pond)? I was at Bigelow skiing yesterday, and I think at least one of the shelters was in use. There were a couple of snow covered cars in the Bigelow parking lot that had obviously been there over night, and we smelled wood smoke coming from the direction of the shelter while skiing down the pond. They would be perfect for a camp and ride weekend, with tons of relatively unexplored territory around them.

#9 ·
I grew up in that area and don't recall White Memorial being like KT...

Thanks, calvinator. A weekend camp-in there might be on the agenda for this season.
Again, grew up in NW CT. I used many a shelter backpacking without ever asking. And plenty of cowboy camping. But thats my 2cents, I just heard about how you can actually get use of them through that site hah.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.