Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

??? installing hayes stroker gram discs

713 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  ol-crank 
#1 ·
I ordered white but it looks pretty stupid on the rear brake hose as the bike is mostly white at the front and black top tube and seat stay so will my LBS have to order a Hayes replacement hose, or just use something from the shop inventory?
Also the front is 160 mm rotor and I wish to go to 180 - is this best done with spacers or with a proper adaptor?
thanks

#3 ·
I personally would keep the white hose. I like contrast. But, if you want black, you could order the Hayes replacement or a Jagwire hose and the proper fittings. Get the proper adapter for the 180.

Are you going to change both hoses? Or just run one white and one black?

#5 ·
I don't blame you for not liking the white hoses. I put a set of those brakes on my salsa beargrease and my reaction was meh! It only got worse with time so I had them (hoses) switched out for black. Big improvement (IMO). Let me know how you like the bigger rotor, while light for a fat bike my Salsa came with 160/140 rotors and I'd be interested in a little more braking power.
Mole

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.