Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

The song remains the same when your in this zone...

2K views 33 replies 29 participants last post by  Autonomous G 
#1 ·
Over the years and on many rides I have had a consistent playlist of songs that pop into my head at certain times of the MTB sufferfest. On steep long hills the disco classic "Disco Inferno" is on my mind and I can hear myself singing to myself the classic chorus of "burn, baby, burn, :madmax:Disco Inferno…" as I spin and spin and try to focus the burn on my legs by singing this song in my head. I can go on with other songs, but I would rather hear from other fellow riders that have this same habit. Songs that you plug into your iPod while listening via headphones don't count on this forum.:nono: Strictly via the mind while your in the zone of riding.:thumbsup:

#23 ·
Whatever song I heard last plays over & over on a loop in my head.
Same.

Which is I why I created an ipod playlist called "Beast Mode" that I play while driving to the trails (yes, I still have an ipod directly mounted to my car's stereo system).

The Beast Mode playlist contains about 75 hard, fast metal songs that get me pumped up. That ensures that the "last heard song" looping in my head is a good one. Samples of the Beast Mode playlist:

Push Pull Destroy - Battlecross
Twilight of the Thunder God - Amon Amarth
Hell Bent for Leather - Judas Priest
Blow Your Trumpets Gabriel - Behemoth
Killers - Iron Maiden
Mob Rules - Black Sabbath

(and I'm 49 this year...)

#11 · (Edited)
Sometimes - but only that guitar part - over and over and over and over and...
"Don't you forget about me" ...
Sometimes.

AC/DC - "It's a long way to the top..." cliche', yes, but my mind doesn't know any better.

Zeppelin - "Na-na-na-na-na-noooooo-body's fault..." - DUT (drum) - Tshhhhh (cymbal)... but mostly all the instrumental/rhythm stuff. I probably don't know more than 4 words in that song.

Soundgarden - Rusty Cage (it would be good background for a vid)

-F

#8 ·
"Because I'm easy....I'm easy like Sunday morning..." The Commodores

For several years this song would pop in my head on long climbs.
Nowadays random Foo Fighters or Rage Against the Machine tunes
pop in there. Sometimes Zeppelin gets in there too.
But I am riding later today and I wonder if The Commodores are going to make a comeback.

#16 ·
The Lemmonheads version of Mrs. Robbinson, You Dropped The Bomb On Me, Money Talks, some George Strait on flat smooth mellow sections, Put Me In Coach, some .38 Special, Supertramps Take The Longway Home, Fat Bottomed Girls, a little Tesla, Kryptonite, Ratt, Let's Groove, and Various John Denver if the terrain allows.

You might NOT want to come to my house while I'm in the shower. All of these songs stay in my head on the trail. Can't make that promise in the shower.

#22 ·
Usually a portion of something I've heard recently will loop in my head, but on yesterday's ride I had "These are the Daves I Know" from The Kids in the Hall stuck in my head. I haven't heard that in at least a decade.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.