Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

SB-75 Bashguard?

926 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  metalarmrider 
#1 ·
Any SB-75 owners out there have found a good (preferably non-ISCG) bashguard solution?

The combination of SRAM S1000 2x10 crankset with the X7 derailleur makes it tricky. I'm looking at the Blackspire Defender but it's hard to say if it will clear the derailleur bracket, or even mate sufficiently well with the spider. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The other option is, of course, a taco-style ISCG mounted option, which is not my first choice but would go with if provided there is no alternative. Jenson sells an ISCG tab for the SB-66, but I'm not sure if it will work with the 75. Anybody here know if the splined end of the 66 BB is equally dimensioned as the 75?

(there is a similar thread pertaining to the SB-95, which has a different crankset and drivetrain. I thought I'd start this new one rather than hijack it.)

Thanks a bunch!

#3 ·
Thanks!! Yes, shortly after your reply I also heard from Jenson that this is the case. In fact as a result they edited the part name and description for the removable iscg tab that they sell for the SB66 to account for the SB75 as well.
So, did you still go with the blackspire defender? FWIW I also heard this from from Blackspire regarding the Defender: "...these bikes with odd mount front derailleurs cause all kinds of fit problems." He did not explicitly say this is the case with the SB75 but pointed me in the direction of taco. Sounds like there are no testimonies out there for crank-mounted bashguard for this bike. Would like to hear yours if you went with it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.