Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

garbage bike into breaker extension tubes

988 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  DIRTJUNKIE 
#1 ·
Today I was in need of some more leverage and luckily I remembered that I had a bike that I'd picked up out of the garbage awhile back. Turns out with this bike the top tube fits inside the down tube which allows ever more leverage. Sort of cool I think. Bicycle frame Bicycle part Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle accessory Bicycle

Magenta Violet Maroon Material property

See less See more
#2 ·
Today I was in need of some more leverage and luckily I remembered that I had a bike that I'd picked up out of the garbage awhile back. Turns out with this bike the top tube fits inside the down tube which allows ever more leverage. Sort of cool I think. View attachment 888776

View attachment 888777
Uh,what?

I can't figure out what confuses me more, the title of your post or the contents of the post.

#3 ·
Ah sorry. Sometimes when working on bike or anything really you may need more leverage to get a stuck nut or bolt turning. One way to get more leverage is to use tubes like these that can go over the tool that you're using. I don't know if there is an actual word for this extension tool.

#6 ·
Common term around here is "cheater" bar. You slip it over the end of a wrench for extra leverage. You either get the fastener to crack loose, or break the fastner/break the wrench, socket and/or smash your knuckles. Garbage bikes usually work better because the tubing is thicker.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.