Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Orbea Rallon vs. Trek Slash, Photoshop Overlay

5K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  homebrw 
#1 ·
I took profile shots from both manufacturers websites and lined them up based on rim diameter in PS, then deleted the background and stroked the outline to better see where everything lines up. I'm pretty sure they are the same size frames based on how it all lines up but honestly I have no idea. What do you think? I think they are a match made in enduro heaven. :thumbsup: Bicycle Bicycle part Bicycle tire Bicycle accessory Bicycle wheel rim

See less See more
#2 ·
This is cool. The Orbea is indeed a special and different bike since it has very short stays yet it has a long top tube. You can see that in the yellow mage in your photo as it's short on the rear and catches up in wheelbase with its long top tube. Seat tube is steeper too and bb is lower.

The Slash is more classic, perfect geometry. The Trek Remedy is a shorter bike surprisingly. Anyway, this geometry gives the Orbea quickness in the rear but stability for big downhills. But the rear wants to swing out and dance, specially with the stock rear tire that they supply with the Mavic wheels. Fun bike.

Great graphics work!

#3 ·
Thanks Francois! This was a quick and dirty rendering. I like having a visual to compare Geo numbers. Really illustrates how just a little tiny tweak here or there can completely change the bike. If time allows, I'd like to compare more and would be happy take requests.

sent from the future

#7 ·
Spicy v. Mach 6

2014 Lapierre Spicy and Pivot Mach 6
Rim Spoke Circle Illustration Drawing

This one came out a bit better. You can really see the difference in TT length, the slacker SA on the Pivot, and the identical chainstay lengths.

I tried the three way (who wouldn't?) and things got messy. ;) Gonna stick to two up.

Plus, the Scott picture I found is a smaller frame size than the Spicy picture I have. I know this was going to happen sooner or later. So no dice on the Spicy v. Scott, right now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.