Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

mtb trails near Noosaville (sunshine coast)

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Woodzy 
#1 ·
I will be visiting Australia for three weeks from March 26th through April 14th. I plan on bringing my bike and want to ride some good trails. I prefer technical hilly singletrack but am open to options.

Anyone from that area that can give me some advice.

Thanks

#2 ·
Hi Fred,

The closest singletrack to Noosaville is Tewantin/Wooroi in the Tewantin national park. I have not ridden there but from what I have heard its nice and flowy - with a mix of mainly fireroad and singletrack. The closest entrance is 4kms from Noosaville so you could probably ride there. Find a local bike shop and they will probably have a map!

Will you have access to a car or be driving? If so, I recommend the 1/2 hour trip down to Parklands conservation park, just outside Nambour. There is about 30kms of singletrack and just as much fire road to link it all up (the fire roads are shared by bikes, horses and hikers and it gets very busy of a weekend so take care). The singletrack is raw, rocky, rooty and steep (actually - so are the fireroads!) and goes through lots of different types of forest with creek crossings and waterfalls... It is well worth the visit. Beware there is a lot of trail in there and its easy to get lost, though if you go on a weekend someone will be able to help you out.

#3 ·
I will be staying in Tewantin with family and will have a vehicle. I ride with a Garmin so I can always find my way out but thanks for the heads up.

thanks for the help. Are there any groups that do rides? I always like to meet new people and my local bike shop has a large group that rides weekly. Something like that would be cool.

Thanks Paul AKA Fred

Any other suggestions.

#4 ·
I was in Noosa in Spring of last year. I saw a guy on a decent MTB riding up the road to the lookout at the top of the Noosa Heads national park. I drove up there later on (great view BTW) and there looked to be plenty of trails heading down. Didn't see any "NO BICYCLES" signs, but didn't look too hard either.

The headlands look to be pretty hilly and would be awesome MTB terrain if you're allowed in there on one. Worth looking up.

#6 ·
Bikes are definitely not allowed on trails in the Noosa NP. Its one of the busiest parks in Queensland so you would have to be battling hikers and pedestrians all the way.
It is definitely worth a visit while you are nearby though... really good chance to see a koala or two in the wild, and the views from the headlands are pretty special :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.