Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

subliminal training

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  SlackerGrrL 
#1 ·
i got this book about mental trainig for cyclist that got me thinking about making a tape with subliminal messages on it..the book had a chapter on having several thoughts when riding such as; breathing,power, etc...so since i have the taping equipement i ended up making a tape where i had several phrases i repeated over and over while i taped some favorite songs to cover up the messages..i notice when i was playing the tape while driving to races or on the trainer my breathing improved and i felt over all better..it is said that the mental part is the hardest part of training..

#2 ·
voice?

Does the book say it should be in your own voice. I used to record myself reading college text books so I could listen to them on long road rides. I spent a lot of time thinking, "Do I really sound like that?". I've heard several people say they don't like the sound of thier own voice. This would probably limit the affectiveness.

BTW -- I do not advocate riding with headphones on, but it beats flunking.

#3 ·
2fast4u said:
i got this book about mental trainig for cyclist .......i notice when i was playing the tape while driving to races or on the trainer my breathing improved and i felt over all better..it is said that the mental part is the hardest part of training..
OH. wow. I thought when I opened this thread that you were gonna say you put the BOOK under your PILLOW and slept on it every nite and that that made you faster.

that's how I studied in college so I thought it might work for riding too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.