Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Headset for Trigger 2 Frame - Conversion to 1.5 - 1.25 Tapered Fork

5K views 19 replies 5 participants last post by  Brockwan 
#1 · (Edited)
Headset for Trigger 2 Frame - Conversion to 1.5 - 1 -1/8 Tapered Fork

Hey Folks,
There has been a similar thread to this before here: http://forums.mtbr.com/cannondale/headset-do-i-need-run-tapered-fork-rize-651789.html but didn't contain the definitive answer i need and is from 2010, times change.

I have a trigger 2 frame and need a headset so i can use a 1.5, 1.25 tapered fork. Specifically the Rock Shox 2014 Revelation RL. I spoke to Cannondale experts and they recommended this:
Cannondale Reducer Headset - SI/Headshok to 1.5 -1-1/8 Tapered - CannondaleExperts.com

Thing is though that's not too helpful as its out of stock! Does anybody have any info on where i can procure the headset i need? Ive droned around the interweb but its full of misinformation so i thought id ask the real folks in the know.

Edit: I'm located in the USA, New Jersey to be precise.

Any help is duly much obliged.:thumbsup:

Cheers

See less See more
#4 ·
The recommended headset is the only one you can use (been there done that, sorry).

Built for Cannondale, specifically to use in that frame, and others in their line.

Different than the older reducer style from FSA etc....
So using different upper and lower is not a good idea/bad practice?

I mailed CEs to see what they say. Seeming as I already have my fork I hope I'm not up the creek without a paddle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#10 ·
good luck ordering your headset, keep us posted with the progress.

don't worry, you're not in a totally desperate situation, as a last resort measure you can always go to a machinist and order some reduction cups from your current ID to some standard size.

#17 ·
If you are really desperate and it is worth it to you, you could purchase BOTH the HS to 1.5 AND HS to 1-1/8 conversions from Cannondaleexperts. (I'm assuming you meant 1-1/8 not 1.25)

Cannondale Reducer Headset - SI/Headshok to 1.5" threadless - KP119 - CannondaleExperts.com

AND

Cannondale Reducer Headset - SI/Headshok to 1 1/8 - CannondaleExperts.com

Use the lower conversion of the 1.5 kit and the upper conversion of the 1-1/8 kit. Looks like $70 + $60 total. BOTH IN STOCK

Of note, I have ordered from Dr Cannondale and been very happy with shipping time and communication.

#18 ·
If you are really desperate and it is worth it to you, you could purchase BOTH the HS to 1.5 AND HS to 1-1/8 conversions from Cannondaleexperts. (I'm assuming you meant 1-1/8 not 1.25)

Cannondale Reducer Headset - SI/Headshok to 1.5" threadless - KP119 - CannondaleExperts.com

AND

Cannondale Reducer Headset - SI/Headshok to 1 1/8 - CannondaleExperts.com

Use the lower conversion of the 1.5 kit and the upper conversion of the 1-1/8 kit. Looks like $70 + $60 total. BOTH IN STOCK

Of note, I have ordered from Dr Cannondale and been very happy with shipping time and communication.
Stirling idea there mate.
Sorry yes 1-1/8 my mind must have been frazzled. I do already have the lower bearing installed as its an SI. So am i right when i say all i need is the lower crown race and the top conversion?

heres the 1.5 conversion diagram, i have the bearing, so i could simply buy a crown race and top 1-1/8 conversion and be done with it right?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.