Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Santa Cruz Super Enduro - 10/12 Demo Trail Closure and Invitation!

3K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  Berkeley Mike 
#1 · (Edited)
Firstly,

Trail closures, Saturday the 12th!
There will be temporary trail closures at Soquel Demonstration Forest (Demo) especially on Corral, Ridge, Sawpit and Braille. I don't know the exact time span each trail will be closed, but the race goes on from 10-5. There will be signs posted at Demo. Check back here for updates.

Now the fun stuff....

What does the "Super" mean in Santa Cruz Super Enduro? This follows the naming of the original European Enduros, but I think the real "Super" refers to this awesome community of racers, trail builders, volunteers and riders joining in on a fun weekend! (yep that means you...) So come on up to Demo anytime during the weekend of the 12-13th, and put the "Super" In "Enduro". :p

Saturday October 12th is the race day (trail closures) and post-race movie and meal, and Sunday the 13th is a "Play Day"!

List of "Super" stuff:
  • Outdoor double-feature of Anthill Films' Not Bad & SecondBase Films' Arrival Saturday night sponsored by Trailhead
  • Camping at Camp Loma under the stars with your buddies and bikes, (meal and beer included for just $30)
  • FREE bike demos on Sunday, 10 am, Camp Loma - Marin, Norco, Santa Cruz, Specialized, Trek (Epicenter Cycling)!
  • FREE pro-led group rides, Sunday 10:30 am, Camp Loma
  • Negative FREE, (put yourself way far over in the green on the karma-meter) - Trail work on Sunday!
  • And for those who qualify with ID - Ninkasi BEER!
  • Generous sponsors, too many to list here, but Bell, headquartered here in Santa Cruz county is our main sponsor!
  • ...and there's more!

For more info, please see the full press release, which will be posted on the website at: Santa Cruz Super Enduro

You do not have to camp, but it's highly recommended if you plan to drink beer. If you wish to stay and camp, read & register here please: Santa Cruz Super Enduro | Camping Package

Camp Loma is a tight space, so help us have a good event by carpooling, being mindful of the limited parking and being helpful and nice to our parking volunteers.

As always, there are volunteer opportunities, which include camping, beer and meals! Contact volunteers@santacruzsuperenduro.com.

See less See more
#3 ·
Thank you for your support, RideMX!

The Enduro is coming up quickly, and the weather forecast looks spectacular!

This event will help bring in money to fund trail and MTB advocacy projects in our community, including the new Demo Flow trail! Hooray! Thanks to all of you for your patience in dealing with the Demo trail closures this Saturday.

And thanks to all who registered to race and camp and volunteer this weekend!

#12 ·
I think I would have been better off on something lighter and faster rolling. Finished 2.5 minutes back from 1st in my category, but only lost 20 seconds on Braille. Was not in a pedaling mood on the first two stages.

#17 ·
Friends,

I hope everyone had a fun race! We had great weather and great trails! We also had an amazing field stacked with super-human athletes.

There should be a more official announcement soon about official race results, these are just my own personal observations to help mtbr people & lurkers out in the meantime.

Firstly, the timing data is solid! Due to the large number of last-minute transfers/cancellations, copious category changes and possibly from the lack of sleep from both me and the person responsible for the timing system, somehow our registration system and our timing system got a bit out of sync on some (not all) of the names/number plate associations (mostly, unfortunately, in the expert/pro categories). We have all the correct timing data associated to the number plate used, we have back-up timing data too. However, some of the names in Webscorer are associated with the wrong number plate. So if you look up your result in Webscorer by number plate, not by name, you should see your correct time.

We were able to sort out the names correctly on site at Camp Loma from the registration data and webscorer data in a low-tech way as there was no cell service or wifi there. The results that were finally printed and posted on the lawn were corrected. Since most of us were on site on Sunday as well, gathering up course tape, etc., the webscorer link is most likely not up to date with the name/number plate fixes that we made offline on Saturday yet.

Luckily there are also backups for timing data. Many volunteers were actually out practicing with the timing system in the weeks before the event. So, the timings associated with the number plates should be as solid as it gets, and if not, due to having multiple back-ups, very correctable. There were only 2 seriously anomalous times that were found, which were corrected on-site on Saturday using the back-up data. If you have any serious doubts about your time, please just contact us.

I am so grateful for all of your patience in letting us deal with this glitch, and not having too big of a heart-attack looking at the uncorrected results. You all worked hard to train for this event and deserve the best.

#18 ·
Friends,

I hope everyone had a fun race! We had great weather and great trails! We also had an amazing field stacked with super-human athletes.

There should be a more official announcement soon about official race results, these are just my own personal observations to help mtbr people & lurkers out in the meantime.

Firstly, the timing data is solid! Due to the large number of last-minute transfers/cancellations, copious category changes and possibly from the lack of sleep from both me and the person responsible for the timing system, somehow our registration system and our timing system got a bit out of sync on some (not all) of the names/number plate associations (mostly, unfortunately, in the expert/pro categories). We have all the correct timing data associated to the number plate used, we have back-up timing data too. However, some of the names in Webscorer are associated with the wrong number plate. So if you look up your result in Webscorer by number plate, not by name, you should see your correct time.

We were able to sort out the names correctly on site at Camp Loma from the registration data and webscorer data in a low-tech way as there was no cell service or wifi there. The results that were finally printed and posted on the lawn were corrected. Since most of us were on site on Sunday as well, gathering up course tape, etc., the webscorer link is most likely not up to date with the name/number plate fixes that we made offline on Saturday yet.

Luckily there are also backups for timing data. Many volunteers were actually out practicing with the timing system in the weeks before the event. So, the timings associated with the number plates should be as solid as it gets, and if not, due to having multiple back-ups, very correctable. There were only 2 seriously anomalous times that were found, which were corrected on-site on Saturday using the back-up data. If you have any serious doubts about your time, please just contact us.

I am so grateful for all of your patience in letting us deal with this glitch, and not having too big of a heart-attack looking at the uncorrected results. You all worked hard to train for this event and deserve the best.
Typical race folk; just trying to make it right! Thank you for your hard work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.