Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Kenda Klondike 2.35 studded tire ?

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  David C 
#1 ·
Hi, I'm about to order one of these to use as front tire on my commuter bike, on a 29mm external width rim and disc brake. Fork will be a RS Dart 2 @ 100mm and I hope the tire is gonna clear the lower's arch, as I have about less than 2.5" of room.

Does anyone using this tire could give me some insight on the tire volume (widest and tallest points measurements) and how does it perform regarding durability of the studs (as if they stay put and wear decently or get torn out and wear faster than expected) ?

#2 ·
I know I'm 4 months late and that your tire has surely come in by now but...
I Have run the 2.1 version for 2 winters now, they are about average size for a kenda 2.1, a little bit big but not overly so. I have only lost 1 stud so far, i think for the price they are a great tire.
Did it end up fitting in your fork? I Don't think you will have clearance issues, but I'm sure you figured it out by now anyway.

#3 ·
Hem, I went ahead to order them and they were out of stock lol

So I ordered a CST Ouster 26x2.25 wire bead and 200 M4x10mm button head class 12.9 steel alloy bolts and stud it myself. grips very nice, but drags a lot of ass. Only cost me $20 overall though.

For my XC bike, I went with 2 CST Critter 26x2.1 folding and in each 116 studs using M3x8mm bolts (same style as above) and got the tires all studded under 660g each. They're very low volume tires though (think cheap kenda city tires) and not that much of a 2.1 (compared to some Maxxis 2.1), but I managed to run them tubeless and they doing pretty damn good on the trails. Still have quite a lot of drag, but only cost me $45 total for the set and they do the job pretty good so far on the trails.

I'm sure a 2.35" tire would clear my fork too. But for urban riding, the 2.25" is more than plenty.

Thanks a lot anyway :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.