Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Rock Shox Recon Silver Vs Suntour Raidon LO R Air Disc Blk/White 29

67K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  joepa150 
#1 · (Edited)
I am thinking of upgrading my Suntour XCR fork. I don't want to buy used and want to keep the price under $300.

The Rock Shox Recon Silver TK will be $215 which includes shock pump and shipping.

The Suntour Raidon would be about $230 ($189 + $12 for shipping + $20-30 for shock pump which I do not believe Suntour includes).

Which one of these shocks are better (quality, features, weight, warranty, maintenance, customer service, etc)?

Do I need a shock pump or can I use my Jo Blow bike pump?

#2 ·
Anyone????

I have searched and searched and haven't found any substantial information comparing these two.

I guess I am just really interested in know if they are pretty much comparable models just from different manufacturers or is one a step above the other??

#4 ·
Just picked up a trek 3700 and hated the oem sr suntours. I was curious on the raidons too so bit the bullet and ordered them. Install was easy as usual and had my first ride yesterday. They were night and day better than the oem forks. I'm a 195lb rider and the air fork is great for unlimited easy adjustment. For the sub $200 price point they are a great buy. I am an all mountain xc rider,

GO FOR IT!!!!

#8 ·
I don't think Manitou makes a match for 29ers. I found a Manitou Tower Expert for 29ers BUT I cant find many comments or reviews on it for $299.

I am debating on getting the Manitou Tower Expert but how does it compare to the Suntour Raidon or Rock Shox Recon Silver?

Will it blow them out of the water?
If so, why?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.