Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Enduro World Series round 4 Winter Park Colorado 27th - 28th July

6K views 52 replies 8 participants last post by  Maverick005 
#1 ·
Round 4 Colorado Freeride Festival..

Here ya go boys and girls its the good ole USAs turn to show everyone how its done, no better place than Colorado maybe to showcase Enduro!

What cha got, who going!

Team Ibis USA, Hans, etc

Common on red white and blue post it up get into it, this is yours ride!

Mav's on the runway n getting excited, time to kick the tires and light the fires!

Braap!

#40 · (Edited)
So pissed at myself for not going now. That course looks SICK!! The plans for this weekend that were really keeping me from going fell through about an hour ago. F ME!!

RE Dville, Mavs anytime you want to make it to the US let me know and I will put you up. I've got 5K of space in the house with plenty of bedrooms, a ton of good riding out my garage and BBQ in the backyard. Plenty more world class riding within an hour too.

If you come out for Dville we will pick you up at the airport and you can stay at the house we rent which is literally on the course. For anyone else that is there we will be in a pack with a VitP HD, White HD, Tennis Ball Yellow Bronson and Green Nomad. Make sure to say hello and I will have a sh!t ton of Skratch Labs stuff that I will be giving out since my buddy is an investor in the company.

Someone above mentioned the Enduro guys racing TWE in Moab. Since the EWS is so close in time it would be awesome if they showed up! I will be at that one as well.

#41 ·
So pissed at myself for not going now. That course looks SICK!! The plans for this weekend that were really keeping me from going fell through about an hour ago. F ME!!

RE Dville, Mavs anytime you want to make it to the US let me know and I will put you up. I've got 5K of space in the house with plenty of bedrooms, a ton of good riding out my garage and BBQ in the backyard. Plenty more world class riding within an hour too.

If you come out for Dville we will pick you up at the airport and you can stay at the house we rent which is literally on the course. For anyone else that is there we will be in a pack with a VitP HD, White HD, Tennis Ball Yellow Bronson and Green Nomad. Make sure to say hello and I will have a sh!t ton of Skratch Labs stuff that I will be giving out since my buddy is an investor in the company.

Someone above mentioned the Enduro guys racing TWE in Moab. Since the EWS is so close in time it would be awesome if they showed up! I will be at that one as well.
Bummer re plans hate that when that happens, dang!

re rest, awesome awesome awesome, will take you up on that cheers buddy appreciate it, man that looks great, very nice place dude that pool looks amazing, Im part fish ya know haha and the riding from the garage sounds wikid too as does the rest like Dville etc :thumbsup:

Cheers man def be lots of fun hanging out with you guys no doubt:cool:

#13 ·
To try to pump up some excitement, like pulling teeth around this forum sometimes, shoulda been a Dentist.

Manuel Ducci 2nd last weekend in Sauze rd 5 SuperEnduro
#SuperEnduro2013 - PRO5 Sauze d'Oulx - Highlights from Superenduro TV on Vimeo.

Have Mericans and rest of us Westerners become so exposed to everything that only acting tough and bashing everyone tattoos everywhere is cool big wheels only thing that excites people cause they have the bigger flasher than you syndrome, like my AR15 is bigger and badder than yours my Chevy V10 is faster than you and my Wagon wheeler is the death of all other wheels so I must be faster and cooler than your kiddie wheels, I ride carbon so I must be faster than you.
or
I only ride park

Do you Mericans other than SP realise you have a major first in the US in a very long time World Championship MTB event that on paper should not be boring on some boring peace of land made for TV at the expense of the sport, this should be bigger than Elvis!

Carry on, real world problems and all, Im off to ride park, on dam we don't have a park here lol, love that vid!

#14 ·
Keep it up Mav!

To try to pump up some excitement, like pulling teeth around this forum sometimes, shoulda been a Dentist.
Well, I for one love your enthusiasm, and you've singlehandedly upped my appreciation for where Enduro is and where it might be going.

Wish the USA had the ballsy courses we see in Euro-land! :thumbsup:

IMO, Downieville will always be the Original Enduro race. Love that ride. :D

#2 ·
I will be off to the Downieville Classic so won't make it to Colorado for this. Excited to see what they come up with for a course though. Is anyone else shocked that Ducci, et al are still running HD's instead of HD-R's? Surprising since they are in the largest Enduro series in the world! Still love my HD too so I am not switching anytime soon! A little Dville stoke for everyone even though it is not related.

#3 ·
Good luck for Donnieville you lucky bastid :D
love that last shot SP, dam looks dry!

Not surprised, Life Cycles seem to have a pretty settled program and its working for them, no doubt next year, maybe later this year maybe this round, but I reckon they know what works for them, could be wrong, wouldn't surprise me if Ibis had some surprises e.g Hans and co just to prove me wrong now lol.

I don't see any performance benefit, essentially the same bikes, and VP is the fastest colour we all know that, Ibis VP is like Ferrari red:D

Gawd I hope US fans get bit more excited, know its a week away but common, reckon Curtis Keene the American dream is gonna make top 5 this round, is Lopesy going, will Weir be theyre?

Superenduro boys and girls will be poked after racing 2 days solid this past weekend, still reckon Fabian will bounce back at this round, and Jared Graves to be right up they're too. Basically usual suspects, AC is gonna kill it, she will have her confidence back after slaying the MegaAvalanche!

Yeaha Colorado High, thank gawd Im a country boy, bring me some bacon and some beans, go outside and change the tire!

lets get it on people''s:thumbsup:

#4 ·
I think Lopes is going to be pretty far up the stack this round. Keene, not so much. My picks are Graves, Clementz and Barel for top 3. I expect Lopes to crack the top 5, but with a new baby he will not be on the podium. It is great to see a round in Merica!!!!

#5 ·
Really, Keenes been riding and training, he just wasted Lopesy at the Bell Enduro Cup took place Saturday, July 20 at Canyons Resort in Park City, Utah.

Still nothing would surprise me with the old guy, he still rocks, just seems to me Keene is the only meridan to be actually improving internationally in Enduro, rest finding the real riding in Europe a bit of a wake up, be easier at home, understand the baby thing thats a life changer.

Ill raise you Barel, Clementz, Graves, Keene to your Lopes, not taking into account mechanicals, also not at all anti BL would love to see him do well, but these guys are race fit and battle hardened, if its a 29er Lycra course then Lopes will be up they're, I hope not, I really hope the US shows us the real terrain we no you have not a wide highway like the autobahn, 4" FS 9ers or HTs and Lycra and slicks do not make an Enduro course, pretty confident Colorado will show the goods:skep:

#6 ·
Just in case ya get lost or dont know where the next round is lol, got to love those Euro's taking the piss:D

SO WHERE IS COLORADO?

AND WHERE IS THE EVENT?

Wasn't Boulder Mork and Mindy country, no offence Boulder, world famous for more than mtb.

SCHEDULE

Thursday, July 25:

10am-6pm: Packet pick-up and bike inspection
6pm: Final start list posted
6pm: Packet pick-up closes
7pm: Mandatory rider's meeting in enduro check-in area.

Friday, July 26:

10am: Stage 1
Noon: Stage 2
5pm: Specialized Enduro Stages 1 and 2 award ceremony.

Saturday, July 27

9am: Stage 3 immediately followed by stage 4
5pm: Rider's meeting to discuss the finale format
Awards: Following Slopestyle Finals: SPECIALIZED ENDURO® Stages 3 and 4 award ceremony.

Sunday, July 28

10am: Stage 5, Specialized Enduro Finale

ATTENTION: There is no pre-race inspection for any Stage. Plan to ride all the courses prior to race day.

Pretty drawn out stages spread over 3 days not going to test physical limits much compared to the Euro events a major change, looks like this round will be a big party with the festival, not a bad thing, but will def have an affect on racing and suit the Mericans some me thinks!

#9 ·
Do it bud, that would be an awesome experience forget about where you come, I never focus on that, just ride enjoy thats what makes Enduro so cool, you would learn so much, meet so many great people and just have a great time, 16hrs yeah its worth it, its not like its a local only race or even a Nat, first ever EWS and first one in USA thats a bucket list check right they're bro!:thumbsup:

#8 ·
Didn't realize this is at Trestle. I have never ridden there before, but have heard there is some good terrain. Only thing that makes me nervous is seeing the course lengths of 10-15 minutes. Probably will have to traverse the park a few times which means more pedaling than vert.

#11 ·
Gone with this lot for the Enduro betting EWS game!

Your Choice:
Men:

1: Fabien Barel
Canyon Factory Enduro Team

2: Jared Graves
Yeti

3: Nicolas Voullioz
Lapierre
Women:

1: Anne Caroline Chausson
IBIS

2: Tracy Moseley
Trek Factory Racing

3: Cécile Ravanel
GT

I think this round will suit Jared Graves, I wouldn't be surprised if he won this round or next barring mechanicals I think he is one of the fittest most pedal capable riders out they're, but fav and sentimental pick for me is Fab Fabian, him and Peaty always been my fav DH heroes so go with Fabian! Please make the trails technical merica!:thumbsup:

#15 ·
Right on Brother! I would have loved to see something like DVille or Moab host the EWS instead of a bike park. Multi stage format would be perfect on either of those courses.

Pretty bummed I can't get to Winter Park, but we are leaving Monday for Dville, driving my truck, so trying to get back after the race would be next to impossible. I want to see how fast those guys are in real life, not just on a video. Doesn't do them justice.

#16 ·
Right on Brother! I would have loved to see something like DVille or Moab host the EWS instead of a bike park. Multi stage format would be perfect on either of those courses.
I could def see that happening at D'ville.

FWIW, I'm gonna be down there for a quickie day, planning on doing BBoulder->2nd Divide, then continuing on to do North Yuba. It'll be a big day but a goodie.

#22 ·
DVille would be hard to ruin with bikes. It is also open to Motos as well and they have HUGE support from trailbuilders up there. They do an incredible job keeping the courses in shape. There is also a ton of other riding up there.

Getting back to EWS this weekend, I did not realize the elevation. The BASE of the mountain is 9000' and the courses start over 11,000'!! They will be using lifts for a lot of it, but they are still making them climb to some of the starts. Talk about a kick in the balls. Ross Schnell help setup the courses so they should be pretty good, but I think he will still be limited by it staying in the park.

As much as I like Weir, I don't think he will crack the top 5. Too much time spent marketing and not enough training. I actually think all of the Americans (Ross Schnell, Aaron Bradford, etc) are going to get their asses handed to them. Either way I am stoked to see it in the US of MERICA!!!!!

#24 ·
Ah good to know re Downi, not knowing what its like actually being they're cheers bud. Great trail crews make a huge difference awesome.

Sweet good to hear the courses could be something special, def great elevation, we know you have some amazing terrain!

As for the hard man, I agree thats what my head would tell me but he's not the hard man for nothing, it wouldn't surprise me if he's refreshed, been training his arse off on his backyard pump track and doing miles on a wind trainer, he's an AHDD addict ain't he:D

As for the others you would know more I don't know those riders so well but I always count home advantage as a big gain, but the best riders are the best for a reason they can ride fast everywhere anytime and usually in any conditions so yeah ya probably rig plus US has for too many years bit like here dumbed down the sport which hurts ability park is not Euro and they are also used to fast as well as tech!

Still be interesting, we could be surprised.

It is going to get even more interesting now. It is dumping rain and hail right now. Bring out the spikes boys! My picks for the weekend are changing. Going Graves, Clementz and Barel for top 3. Lopes and Keene will round out the top 5. I don't think any of the American based racers (Schnell, etc.) will make it that high.
Awesome that will sort the men from the boys! And the Women from the girls!

Interesting changes, what about the Women's common bro another 50% of population out they're with skirts lol:thumbsup:

#23 ·
It is going to get even more interesting now. It is dumping rain and hail right now. Bring out the spikes boys! My picks for the weekend are changing. Going Graves, Clementz and Barel for top 3. Lopes and Keene will round out the top 5. I don't think any of the American based racers (Schnell, etc.) will make it that high.

#30 ·
I imagine Graves has been over in Golden, CO, the home of Yeti for a week or two now talking shop and riding the front range. I'd expect his SB-66 to be absolutely dialed and his body will have acclimated to the elevation. The guys jumping off transatlantic flights that rolled up to Winter Park with a few days before the start may be struggling with elevation and their internal clocks.

I'm expecting the locals to make some serious noise and will go ahead and put Joey Schusler on the podium with Graves and a tough day for the Euros. I expect Mav to go absolutely bonkers with Sam Blenkinsop rounding out the top three.

I'd like to see a lot of these guys come race the Whole Enchilada Enduro in Moab. I would drive out there personally to see Clementz, Barel, and the three Nicos charge the red rock tech on Porcupine Rim. I don't think Winter Park will disappoint.

It sounds like we 'Mericans need to start hecking Mav to take a trip stateside. Come on Mav, take the $1 Naked Bus to Auckland and jump on a direct flight to San Francisco. A 4 hour drive into the Sierra Nevada up the Yuba River will get you to D'Ville. I'm sure we could work out a way to host you and lend you some camping gear for the raucousness at Wild Plum Campground. It is pretty damn cool to cross the line at Downieville on an Ibis, walk past the Santa Cruz boys, grab a fajita from Chris King himself, and go hang with Scot, Hans, and the Ibis crew (many of them who you just races against). Get on it Mav!

#31 ·
I imagine Graves has been over in Golden, CO, the home of Yeti for a week or two now talking shop and riding the front range. I'd expect his SB-66 to be absolutely dialed and his body will have acclimated to the elevation. The guys jumping off transatlantic flights that rolled up to Winter Park with a few days before the start may be struggling with elevation and their internal clocks.

I'm expecting the locals to make some serious noise and will go ahead and put Joey Schusler on the podium with Graves and a tough day for the Euros. I expect Mav to go absolutely bonkers with Sam Blenkinsop rounding out the top three.

Be interesting not sure they will stack up to these guys and girls they are world class e.g a class above, barring mechanical I don't think the US riders will match these guys for fitness, need to see the trails to see what we get if its a big wheel fest then I give the US riders a good bat, but agree with you on Graves he will be a real threat, if he's going to win a round this year it could be here

I'd like to see a lot of these guys come race the Whole Enchilada Enduro in Moab. I would drive out there personally to see Clementz, Barel, and the three Nicos charge the red rock tech on Porcupine Rim. I don't think Winter Park will disappoint.

Hope you're right its about time the US ran an event at there best locations and trails, some of the best ever races pre 2000s were stateside, no doubt there is the trails tracks terrain as good as anywhere!

It sounds like we 'Mericans need to start hecking Mav to take a trip stateside. Come on Mav, take the $1 Naked Bus to Auckland and jump on a direct flight to San Francisco. A 4 hour drive into the Sierra Nevada up the Yuba River will get you to D'Ville. I'm sure we could work out a way to host you and lend you some camping gear for the raucousness at Wild Plum Campground. It is pretty damn cool to cross the line at Downieville on an Ibis, walk past the Santa Cruz boys, grab a fajita from Chris King himself, and go hang with Scot, Hans, and the Ibis crew (many of them who you just races against). Get on it Mav!

Haha maybe next year, need to be ale to bring my co pilot always the hardest thing, plus too dam busy at mo, but would love it definitely, liking the sand of that ending for sure, be awesome, I will have to rely on you to do that for me, as for Blienky he will be racing @ Andorra WC DH this weekend and thats looking sic as too, back on flat pedals and no gloves, like that bit about walking past the SC boys, I heckled a Nomad dude the other day while riding uphill as Im useless slow on hills especially fire road, my mate on his Froggy climbs fire road faster than me, but I passed this SC Nomad dude who's quite fit, told him he needed an HD both laughed good banter aye. DV would be so cool and hanging with the crew, hang ten for me dude!

#36 · (Edited)
Day One

Day one complete here in Colorado Freeride Festival EWS round 4 and it's been a rollercoaster of a morning. Current EWS overall leader Jerome Clementz holds first by 10.3 seconds over Nico Vouilloz. Fabien Barel sits in 3rd +11.3 seconds. This morning's Stage One winner, Jared Graves met mechanical issues on Stage 2 and lost over 3 minutes.

In the women's, Tracy Moseley holds a narrow 2.4 second overall lead from Stage 2 winner Anne Caroline Chausson. Anneke Beerten takes 3rd 21.8 seconds back.

With two longer, more backcountry like stages tomorrow, and super tight racing everything can change. And with a number of American men pushing into the top ten, pressure is high going into the weekend!

More here!

Hopefully well get a full results day one break down to see where your boys and girls sit:thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.