Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Reba RLT Ti Compression issue

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  ripn 
#1 ·
Picked up a new Reba RLT Ti 140mm this spring for my Lenz Mammoth build. Overall I like the fork; smooth, stiff, looks good. However, think I have an issue with my compression adjustment (blue dial). Fully clockwise locks out the fork without issue, but the intermediate detents between open and lock seem to have no effect. Even a single click off of lock out feels the same as fully open. I have adjusted the flood gate to no avail. I had thought I might be a little low on oil on the damper side, so changed that out this week, and it had no effect. I inspected the damper and all the moving parts seemed to be in good order...ie: when I turn the lever the silver button on the bottom of the damper turns and covers the oil ports. Having never owned a Rock Shox fork with the Black Box Motion Control damper, not sure what is normal. How much difference should I be feeling as I add compression damping? Any one else have this issue? Ideas?

#3 ·
I had a couple Black Box Motion control fork's (Both Reba's) and w/ the Compression full & FG a few clicks (+) the fork was essentially locked. Low oil level or damaged lower MoCo o-ring have caused issues w/ these forks that I have personally worked on.

#4 ·
The OP said the fork locks out on the last click of LSC, If the oring was bad, the fork wouldn't lock out at all. My fork fork is a Revelation RLT TI and each click or LSC is very subtle and only noticeable on the trail(and even then slightly) until the last click when it locks. I would say its normal for RLT forks.

Also OP, the FG will only make a difference when the fork is lock out. (just incase you didnt realize that)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.