Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Contour +2 (Case vs. No Case)

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  net wurker 
#1 ·
I have a contour +2 which I am really enjoying. I haven't taken it out on the trail yet, just the pool. My question to you who have is this.

Do you use the Contour inside the waterproof case on the trail, or just mount it directly to your helmet? If you mount it directly, are there any conditions that would make you put it in the case before mounting it?

Seems like the case would kill my audio, plus I wonder what its effects will be on the image?

Thanks.

#3 ·
I've been using the Contour +2 since winter. I've used it snowboarding in some really wet conditions. The worst time it was a misting rain for most of the day and the camera got dunked in some wet snow from time to time w/o any problems. I've found the camera to be very weather proof. As long as the camera doesn't get dunked you should be fine. If I were to kayak or surf with it I'd put on the case. But for mountain biking in any conditions I don't even think about the case.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.