Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Ritchey Wcs Carbon vs. Aggressive riding

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  elcaro1101 
#1 ·
How will a WCS carbon bar hold up under aggressive riding, lots of rocks and roots, fast hardpack, no real drops , just heavy shock pounding riding?

#5 ·
I just bought the WCS trail carbon rizer bar in 740mm....I'm not gonna lie..was a little hesitant at first because I've never used ritchey components on a mtn bike...but they are amazing. Actually, I never even considered this bar but my distributor was sold out/or didn't stock anything wide enough for my taste. This was kind of a spur of the moment purchase and couldn't be happier. Trust me, I'm not the type of person who would recommend a product if I wasn't 100% satisfied...nor do I have any affiliation with ritchey besides the fact they are one of many brands I sell. I only sell products I'd personally use...this is no exception.

On first impression, very impressed. No flaws or blemishes like other big brand carbon stuff. Also the perfect shape for me. I've only had it on for about 5 rides...but they have been crash tested already :) was riding a 700mm bar and that extra width clipped a few trees...not the bars fault. Tore both of my esi grips but not even a scratch on the bars. Also kills vibration as good or better then my older crank bro cobalt and Easton monkeylites.

I actually ended up buying the matching trail stem in 70mm to compliment the bars. The stem is a little pricey but another great looking/durable product from ritchey...cept the bar clamp bolts are a little hard to access to due to the 270 degree design...not a deal breaker as of yet. Also pretty lightweight.

Ok, enough typing. There's my little mini review on the trail rizer carbon 740mm bar. And...that Thomson bar does look pretty nice...just too new of a product and none of us have tested it yet over here. I'm sure a few guys have crash tested it and will chime in. Cheers!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.