Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

J9RDO Integrated Headset Install

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Noclutch 
#1 ·
Hi - the upper bearing does not sit flush with the frame. There is about 1mm of relief. Should the upper bearing sit flush?

Thanks in advance.

Martin

#4 ·
I didn't even check if mine sat flush when installing it. I just made sure the bearing was seated all the way. My guess is, like someone else said, your over thinking it. As long as the bearing is seated properly, you should be fine. If your experiencing binding or stiction once all installed...then send a pic over to niner. They will let you know if tolerances might be off.

If you want a pic of my bikes headset, let me know and ill pull it apart. Always glad to help a fellow niner rider. Now go out and enjoy your new ride!

#6 ·
While I have a V1.0 RDO with a semi integrated headset, can anyone comment on how these fully integrated versions are holding up as far as bearing grease degradation/contamination goes?

The metal race-less concept in a carbon frame in particular bugs me for some reason...:skep:

Now the carbon rockers and through axle I could easily get on board with, not to mention the cool new green :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.