Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

specialized Romin durable alternative? fizik versus, phenom...

5K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  jathanas 
#1 ·
So far the best saddle I have found for comfort and keeping my junk from going numb was a specialized romin pro (143). unfortunately it only lasted about 200 miles before it cracked at the shell, so I have put it on my blacklist as a mtb saddle. I have been playing around with selle SMP saddles, I got a carbon stratos for a steal but decided it was too narrow for me, so I will be selling that, I recently got a normal glider, which is a tank but more comfy, but not as comfy as the romin and 100 grams heavier. I'm now thinking of trying the fizik antares versus or specy phenom, though the phenom cut out doesn't look wide enough to effectively relieve pressure like the romin or SMP does and the Fizik's versus relief zone might not be deep enough? Any opinions on these two saddles from people who also like the romin?

#2 ·
I've had great results with the Phenom carbon railed as well as the hollow ti railed version. 143 width here too. I'd tried so many brands without much luck until I found Specialized saddles.

The Antares (braided) was very uncomfortable for me after a couple of hours. It's meant to be 140mm wide but it didn't really support my sitbones well.

Cheers, J

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.