Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

ENO Eccentric pictures

5K views 42 replies 20 participants last post by  Sherwin 
#1 · (Edited)

Attachments

See less See more
#22 ·
one lesson i learned today:

if you poop yourself in class, don't expect your friends to forget...

thirty years later.
...or even 43 years later...

It was Ricky Tanner, Mr. Valentines class, Calahan St. Elementary School, 1969. Mr. Moffit the janitor had to come clean it up. He (Ricky)screamed "aaaaahhhhhh" and ran out of the room...

#2 ·
I just picked up my new eno eccentric wheel from the shop with the intention of threading on my WI trials freewheel and posting some pics. However it seems the threads on my hub are stripped. I should have known better than to buy second hand hubs. Hopefully the threads are not to mucked up and the shop can save them. It makes me sick to think about the money I wasted on a wheel build if this can not be fixed.

#38 ·
I've got two of them. No problems with either of them slipping or moving.

FTR, one is on a KHS softail running 33:17 disc brake and one is on a Soma Groove running 33:16 V-brake.

Got to get around to getting pics to add prettiness to the thread. :)

Grumps

#41 ·
I did not use the WI disc adapter. I dont remember what brake adapter i used ( ill get back to ya on that). I spaced out my caliper with some extra brake nuts that i had laying around. I only did it this way because ive seen it done before and i liked the simple look.
It was really easy to set up and perfect in about 5 minuts. Ill get a pic for ya tomorrow.

You can't go wrong with this set up. I had my doubts when i ordered everything and when i actually started riding and tinkering with everything i realize all the worrying was for nothing. I would be more concerned about getting the wheel built by a solid wheel builder than anything else. Danny at Bike Works Abq did a killer job on my wheels and i couldn't be any more pleased!

#42 ·
I use the WI disc adapter.

First set up is easy, get the wheel in and chain tensioned then set up the caliper. Bit of a jiggle (having 2 eccentrics means it doesn't just turn easily, you might need to muck about to get it in place) and once it's lined up, tighten the set screws and forget about it.

Doing a wheel change (ie: changing a tyre etc) isn't totally simple. I find the I can't get the axles to seat in the dropouts because the rotor catches on the caliper. Again, a bit of a jiggle of the hub and it will fall into place, then tension the chain as usual.

Honestly I've probably made it sound worse than it is. It's not 100% convenient but it's not as if you're pulling the rear wheel out every day. Those issues are minor. I'd have no hesitation in using the same set up again.

Grumps

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.