Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Frame/fork combo question - Voodoo Soukri/Salsa Maxle Rigid fork

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  edouble 
#1 ·
I am looking into the Voodoo Soukri frame to run rigid. My existing wheels use a Maxle up front, so I was hoping to use the Salsa Maxle Rigid fork. Fork length is 468mm. I am worried about the handling and pedal strikes - it is rooty and rocky where I ride.

Please let me know your thoughts, and thank you for your help.

#2 ·
Looks like the frame is built around a 100mm fork the Salsa is built for a 80mm, it will get a bit tighter handling but I don't think it will be too bad.

I use that Maxle fork on a Inbred which is suggested for up to a 100mm fork, the steering got a quicker from my previous Lefty and I enjoy it quite a bit. I do enjoy this fork, if you get it you need to tighten down the maxle axle tighter then you would think of a standard QR or it seems to come loose.

#3 ·
I have the Soukri...

And run it ss with a rigid Wiley fork that is suspension corrected for 80mm. The steering is guick and nimble but not nervous imho. I have always ridden bikes with xc race geometry though so take that into account. The Soukri is a great handling bike. I highly recommend it.

#5 ·
No additional strikes for me. But I attribute that to riding the same trails for over a decade now. There is one little spot where a rock edge sticks straight up and the only option is to just roll over it, I feared with the new fork I would crack the BB right on it but it cleared just fine so I do not think there is much of a height change.

#6 ·
This Friday I rode...

Cunningham Park which has roots and rocks a plenty. I did have more pedal strike than I am used to. It was my first time riding there though so hopefully next time I will be more mindful of it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.