Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Yet another Triple and cute light

10K views 54 replies 22 participants last post by  chelboed 
#1 ·
Here it is fresh from the machine shop . the first protos .
A bit of a retro look

See less See more
#5 ·
Very nice indeed. :thumbsup: Any chance of an o-ring for the front to avoid futzing around with silicone seal? Love to hear if you're planning on making these available for us DIY'ers as I've got H6flex, 3XML boards and Cute optics just waiting for a nice host like this.

#6 ·
Afraid to keep the size as small as possible there is no oring provision at the front

but as you can see in the pic there is this time a small recess which is designed for a tiny bead of sillycone or as I use the super clear serious glue .
which I will also use in the oring groove

Yes they will be available to diyers as soon as they come out of the machine shop but dont have a price yet

#9 ·
Cheers Jay will look in to it
where do you get the orings from

Me I would still use PU adhesive for that truly sealed job but if paul can get a ring in then thats fine by me .
Personally i just use the 1mm o-ring chord from ebay, cut it to the right length and glue the two ends together with some flexible super glue.

Polymax sell orings (minimum order £10) but they dont have a 33mm inside diameter in 1mm cross section.
If you can squeeze the extra .5m then you can get a 33mm x 1.5mm cross section
O Rings Metric Size 1.5mm Diameters
http://budgetbearings.co.uk/shop/index.php?cPath=19_4501_4598

#19 ·
it is the Marwi mount but we have ditched all the gubbins and it is still quick release with the lever .more pics when they come back from the anodisers as to how it all fits together .

I couldnt see the need for all the extra plastic bits and it will never be a helmet light a bit too big for the noggin .

#27 ·
Man Chris,
That is the nicest housing I have seen posted here.
I like the anodized one way better than the naked one.

I see that you removed the top of the Marwi mount and integrated it into the bottom of the housing
Brilliant!

I am afraid to ask what that housing cost to make?
That looks like some serious CNC time and design time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.