Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Next bike after Cove Stiffee?

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  connie 
#1 ·
I've been riding a Cove Stiffee for the last 3 years. I really love it but should have a new, MUCH better job by next summer so will have the funds for a new bike. I fancy FS, about 6" I think? The Stiffee is my second bike, bought after demoing it. It felt like it fitted me right away and I felt so comfortable and connected to it, not a feeling I had with my first bike despite it also being a decent bike. So the question is what should I look for with my next bike. I'm not entirely sure what it is I love about the Cove so much? I think the laidback head angle and short top tube are important but is there anything else that could be making me love this bike and that I should look to replicate with my next bike. I would probably keep the Cove so the new bike would be for harder trails that were rockier, steeper and more technical, is the short top tube as desirable there or would I prefer a "bigger" feeling bike on those kinds of trails once I got used to them. I'm 5'9 so most bikes are an option, I've never had a WS bike but would be open to suggestions. I also live in the UK so some of the brands popular in the USA wouldn't be available to demo over here easily. At the moment lets say no budget, in reality it would be about $3k but I would be looking at second hand, ex demo, or last years stock to get a better buy.

#2 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.