Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Calling all FR Knolly owners!

998 views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  jiker 
#1 ·
A buddy of mine is desperate. He is in the market for a new frame, and Knolly is near the top of his list but he needs to demo a bike. Mine is a medium with a short cockpit, so he feels too cramped and doesn't want to base his opinion on that. Salvagetti has no larges. Is there anyone out their with a large (preferably Endorphin) Knolly, who who be wiling to meet us at a local trailhead for a ride?

Many thanks!

#2 ·
jiker said:
A buddy of mine is desperate. He is in the market for a new frame, and Knolly is near the top of his list but he needs to demo a bike. Mine is a medium with a short cockpit, so he feels too cramped and doesn't want to base his opinion on that. Salvagetti has no larges. Is there anyone out their with a large (preferably Endorphin) Knolly, who who be wiling to meet us at a local trailhead for a ride?

Many thanks!
I have a large DT, but it's the old style and has a different cockpit layout (a little more behind the bike vs. on the bike). He is welcome to give it a try if you come down to COS.

Maybe we need a Knolly day in Palmer Park. If you and ETR came down, that would probably be half of the Knollys on the front range!

#4 ·
Call Knolly direct. they'll likely will put you in touch with their local rep who I know has demo bikes.

He's the same rep we have for Felt bikes, and one of the best in Colorado.

Salvagetti likely can work with the same rep to get one in too. He's quite helpful that way.

#6 ·
giantsaam said:
I have a new 2010 delirium Large thats getting some new lighter parts as we speak ik you are willing to meet me at hall we could work out a ride.
Looks like you are the best bet so far.. are you available for a ride on Saturday afternoon perhaps? I'm not 100% I can make that, but it might be a good opportunity. Hall would be great. Thanks man!

#7 ·
kristian said:
I have a large DT, but it's the old style and has a different cockpit layout (a little more behind the bike vs. on the bike). He is welcome to give it a try if you come down to COS.

Maybe we need a Knolly day in Palmer Park. If you and ETR came down, that would probably be half of the Knollys on the front range!
Medium DT (similar in style to K's DT) and a medium Endo, so not the right size for this thread...

The endo is a great CO bike for most people can't go wrong with it.

the OP might try to contact Larry at mountain high cycelery, I think he was on an endo a while back, but I'm not sure he has that ride anymore, also not sure what size.

#8 ·
kristian said:

I am totally down with that! Name a weekend and i'll make the drive!

#9 ·
I have a medium Delirium (needs an owner that will ride it more). The Endorphin would be my first choice for an all-round CO trail bike. The DT is a great free ride bike or burly all mountain bike but a little overkill for most riding on the front range, IMO. If I lived in the Springs (Colorado or Idaho version) I might think differently.

#11 ·
giantsaam said:
Hmmm did someone say Knolly day in the springs I have saturday off.
Yeah, I'd be up for that any time (including tomorrow).

I was kinda thinking about Palmer Park tomorrow at 10:00am if anyone is interested in coming down. I'll be starting at the parking lot at Paseo and Chelton on the west side of the park. Post up if you're interested and PM me your phone number.

#13 ·
jiker said:
ACKKK.. i was hoping you guys weren't going to pick this weekend. I spent last weekend in Fruita, so I promised my girl I'd spend this weekend with her. I'll get down there soon.. i promise!
I'm always down for a Palmer Park day (or at least I will be until the resorts open).

What about 5/21 for a Knolly rider get together? (and whoever else doesn't ride a Knolly). Maybe Flowtron could even bring a demo down?

#14 ·
In for 5/21 ! I'll bring the endo, seriously digging this bike for everything I've ridden so far this year. Can't wait to take her up to SD/SSV and Crosier. I can see myself selling off the DT and picking up a podium in a few years (maybe), really like the DT once the trail points down.

#15 ·
flowtron said:
Mike(the rep) only has a medium endo right now.
I have a friend with a lg, but it's in the midst of a spring overhaul, shock is at Cane Creek, etc; but I will hit you guys up when its ready to roll again. I do have a LG frame in stock, but its not built.
Pimping out my little whore? ;) No, seriously, once its good to go, your friend is free to take it for a spin.

That is after I beat it to **** in Fruita next weekend. :thumbsup:

#17 ·
jiker said:
Thanks to giantsaam, it looks like we may have one more knolly owner on the front range! Thanks for the sweet albeit short demo!

I am down for the 21st in COS. I would be driving down from Boulder - who wants to carpool?
You're welcome I am glad your buddy loved the Knolly. I knew he would it is a little tough on the climb but as soon as you point it down it is a rocket. I wish I could make it on the 21st that is a weekend I work.

#18 ·
I have a Large Endorphin with a coil build. I'm heavy (220+gear) so it might not be sprung right for your friend. I live in Boulder and but I'm planning to ride the new tech trail in BC if you are from somewhere more down south.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.