Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Just to make sure....

937 views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  fokof 
#1 ·
When I took my new bike out for a spin, I found it pulled to the right when riding with no hands. This is not due to the Lefty, right?

I'm not sure if the image is any indicator, but the wheel doesn't look like it is centered, could that be the reason? What else?

See less See more
#6 ·
Pushing/pulling cables has occurred to me too. But I tried to lift the bike and see if the fork is turned, but this was not conclusive (any slight angle will always make the wheel turn that way).

Here's a few more pics, not sure if they are of any help.

#8 ·
Nice bike, BTW!

zonoskar said:
Pushing/pulling cables has occurred to me too. But I tried to lift the bike and see if the fork is turned, but this was not conclusive (any slight angle will always make the wheel turn that way).

Here's a few more pics, not sure if they are of any help.
*coupla pix*
I've always loved that burnt orange color Ventana uses. I wanted an El Ray bad in exactly that color for the longest time... still do. I have a fetish for Hope parts, too. If Hope made dual control stuff, I would have it on all of my bikes. Alas, I have to resort to Shimano brakes. Good thing they are actually pretty good. I think Hope is better tho. :)

But yeah...pulling to one side.

I say pop the wheel off and check the dish in a truing stand. You might be on to something. You're not going to eyeball 1 or 2 millimeters with the wheel on the bike. There is too much weird optical illusion stuff that happens to trust your nekkid eyeball.. especially with a lefty on there. You will see it on the truing stand.

#9 ·
zonoskar said:
When I took my new bike out for a spin, I found it pulled to the right when riding with no hands. This is not due to the Lefty, right?

I'm not sure if the image is any indicator, but the wheel doesn't look like it is centered, could that be the reason? What else?
Not to be a jerk but,... just lean a lil more to the left. This lefty technology is is over a decade old. Why do you think its the lefty/bike?

#10 ·
6bobby9 said:
Why do you think its the lefty/bike?
I just asked to be sure. For all I know it could be a trait of the Lefty forks. I don't know, it's my first Lefty. Better to ask then to spend hours looking for a reason, right?

Also, this was the first Lefty wheel my LBS made and they weren't sure about centering the rim over the hub. I got a Lefty truing tool, but while making the wheel my LBS thought the spokes on the disc side were way too steep if they would center the rim over the center of the truing tool. But we checked by putting the wheel in the fork and found that the spokes were meant to be that steep.

#11 ·
It's supposed to act as any other fork.

Take a normal fork , put a front wheel with un-centered dish and pushing/pulling cable and you won't be able to run it no hands.

It's either a non-centered dish or cable push/pull.
Check your wheel first.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.