Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Lyrik DH solo air steer tube creak

884 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Berkley 
#1 ·
I had a terrible creak in my headset last week. I took the bike in today and the LBS is saying the steer tube on my Lyrik is creaking at the steer tube/crown area. They said its actually loose. The fork is a 2010. Is this common or has anyone heard of this happening?

#2 ·
Was happening on some of the older ones but never heard of this on the newer ones. Check with RS, they'll take care of you. Also, if you're using a King headset, they have a new conical split washer to help prevent creaking when used for more DH type applications.

Have FUN!

G

#3 ·
Gman086 said:
Was happening on some of the older ones but never heard of this on the newer ones. Check with RS, they'll take care of you. Also, if you're using a King headset, they have a new conical split washer to help prevent creaking when used for more DH type applications.

Have FUN!

G
My LBS sent it into RS last week. They are going to replace the crown steer unit. I hope they do a rebuild on it when they have it apart.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.