Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

2011 5 Spot fork question

970 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Zacharoo 
#1 ·
If I buy a RS 140mm front fork for a 2011 5 spot frame do I need to buy the CC offset headset. I worry that the 150 mm will make the bike wander on climbs or am I mis-informed? I want to keep it XC ish.

#2 ·
There are two or maybe three options for HS and the 2011 Spot. The steepest setup that currently exists would be to by a straight 1-1/8" steer tube and an internal 44mm HS. This combined with a 140mm fork would be 20mm lower or about 1 degree steeper than the listed geometry that uses a tapered steer tube and an external Cane Creek HS.

#5 ·
Don't do it

Zacharoo said:
If I buy a RS 140mm front fork for a 2011 5 spot frame do I need to buy the CC offset headset. I worry that the 150 mm will make the bike wander on climbs or am I mis-informed? I want to keep it XC ish.
Trust me on this one...If you get the 140, u will soon be looking for a 150+ travel fork. If you want to give it a try I have a like new Fox 140 Vanilla RLC FIT I can sell ya!

I went from this to this and will never look back:thumbsup:

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.