3K views 22 replies 19 participants last post by  Acero853 
#1 ·
Just thought I would share
I love how my new bike rides
Brings on permagrin

Attachments

See less See more
#10 ·
16.5 is awesome! That's like track bike tolerances with the tire and seattube, looks hot. My SS29 is 17.5 in the middle of Paragon sliders. How do you like that hardware? I'm not sure the brass knobs help in the case you dont have a tool to bust loose the hexagon nut if it's on real tight on the trail. I've had a problem a couple times this summer with that (using the old hardware, but set up just like yours).

It's great to see a Waltworks, very race and built by a racer!

#14 ·
It has been ready for quite some time. Walt just mailed it yesterday as we have been waiting on Fox to build and ship the fork, but they are really backed up--Walt ordered it over a month ago.
Anyway, he sent everything but the fork and now I'm waiting for everything to show up. The fork will follow on it's own--hopefully soon.
I shall post images when it is built up.
Barry

Attachments

#22 ·
Awesome bike!!!!! I have mine on order. What size fork are you running (80 or 100mm)? What size is the frame? Trying to get an idea of what my bike will be like. I'm trying to decide what fork to get since im 5'10 and 100mm fork might make the front end to high/look weird. Any thoughts?

#23 ·
littlemd said:
Awesome bike!!!!! I have mine on order. What size fork are you running (80 or 100mm)? What size is the frame? Trying to get an idea of what my bike will be like. I'm trying to decide what fork to get since im 5'10 and 100mm fork might make the front end to high/look weird. Any thoughts?
1. My bike was designed around a 100mm fork.
2. I am 6'3" and have quite a large frame.
3. I suggest that you test/demo a few different bikes in your size with both 80 and 100mm forks. Write down your impressions and then craft some questions to discuss with Walt. He can guide you.

#3 assumes that you do not currently ride a 29er with 80/100mm fork that you are referencing for your build.
Also, not being a pr#*k here, Walt's whole philosophy of design seems to be functionality over form--so, does the bike looking "weird" bother you? Think about how you want the bike to ride and have Walt build that bike.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.