Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

POC Cortex DH vs POC Cortex Flow

12K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  (0..o) 
#1 ·
Shopping for a new helmet and am looking at the POC stuff, but I can't tell exactly what the differences are.

I was running an Oneal 909 MX helmet that recently sacrificed itself to save me from serious injury; I still got KTFO'd and ended up with a slight concussion but it could have been much worse.

Anyway, the POC Cortex DH has that MIPS tech that's supposed to help reduce concussions but it's not clear whether the Cortex Flow has it, as well. Their website is unclear. Anybody have any information on these?

#16 ·
for comparison purposes, if it helps anyone...

left to right -
Giro remedy (snowboard helmet)
POC cortex flow
Bell bellistic
THE helmet (not sure which model, not mine)

POC is the biggest of the bunch, just slightly more room than the Remedy. But the Remedy has the chin guard closer to the mouth (snowboard helmet). Bell is tighter in the upper jaw. THE helmet is too tight all over for me. 59cm around the temples, roundish head, big jaw I guess. all helmets are L/XL.

#4 ·
I was really hoping for the fancy MIPS tech. I'm not sure what value the lower end POC provides over something like the RG Pearl.

How's fit on these helmets? I've measured my head to 57-58cm, which puts me right in between the two sizes.

#10 ·
How's the fit with the Leatt? Do you have any experience with other helmets and the Leatt for comparison. I'm looking at replacing my Fox Rampage and the Cortex DH and TLD D3 are on my short list. I really like the fact that the D3 is specifically designed to work with a Leatt. I'd like to have just a bit more range of motion looking down the trail especially on steep terrain. I know that POC is not much of a believer in the Leatt, so I'm wondering how compatible their helmets are.

#17 ·
I am about to buy one POC Cortex Flow, but I am not sure which size to get, I normally use a sized M 661 Evo, and it fits me great, I meassured my head and it is between 57 -58 cm somewhere.

Does the helmet get loose with the use?? so I should go for a POC M? or should I go for the L/X??

Can someone help me?

#18 ·
I want one of these, and I found a nice offer, but I am not sure which sizing I should go for, S/M or L/XL, I measured my head and it is somewhere between 57-58cm. I normally ride a sized M 661 Evo.

So I am wondering, does the POC get a bit loose with the use to get a M. or Should I go for the L size?

little help please..

#19 ·
My noggen measures 60.325, I went with the L/XL

This is my 2nd POC hat, as first one did it's job last Saturday, allowing me to continue to talk and chew food....

As with most/all helmets, they come with internal pads that can be exchanged for a snugger fit. Hope this helps...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.