Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

G Town~Back to Mining Country

1K views 24 replies 16 participants last post by  big galoot 
#1 ·
How far up can we go...MMM..11,561 ft sounds about right

Got a pass from the Missus saying I could take the fellas on a chill ride where the air is a little thin, the views are awesome, and where some fly by trails they wish they knew were there.

PBR sloggin up some 15+ percent climbs to break in the morning right

a bit of mountain history

Guac and Mountain Boy climbing up the road to the mine

Guac at Waldorf Mine...

Won't be long and Argentine Pass will be clear for the ridin

Just a few patches of snow and there was good trail riding to be had

the goods to be had and this wasn't even close to being the best part of it

Mountainboy perched on the side of the trail

Guac always wears his best tux when riding a bent front wheel

PBR Cruisin

the creeks were flowin nicely

lovin some wooded singletrack

Good Times fellas! Maybe they'll post some descent pics, my pics were gettin blown out by the early morning lighting.

See less See more
#15 ·
scar said:
guac - don't get me wrong, just looking at the elevation gain in the pictures is making me wheeze. Just didn't see too many obstacles/features in the pictures of the trail that might cause a bent rim.

Thats cause we were having to much fun riding the sections that could bend rims to stop and take pictures. My GPS showed a 38 % grade loss on that section and it was filled with big rocks. I always want to stop and take pics, but a pic would do it no justice.

#16 ·
If you weren't riding those weak sissy 700c wheels and had been on some manly 26" wheels, that never would have happened.

#23 ·
scar said:
guac - don't get me wrong, just looking at the elevation gain in the pictures is making me wheeze. Just didn't see too many obstacles/features in the pictures of the trail that might cause a bent rim.

That is because we got down to a point where we could stand without sliding down the mtn.! :D Trust me there were obstacles!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.