Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Marin quake 7.2

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  OUTsane(the original) 
#1 ·
As a satisfied owner of a slightly upgraded quake 7.2 which I use (built up some muscles lol) 4 all purposes FR/DH/Bike parks even AM and XC and even in the city just to fool around or to go to visit a friend ...just wondered are there any more owners of that bike and what s your opinion bout that bike...voila..that s all;) ...would appreciate any replies since where I live (Croatia-Europe) there are very few Marin bikes (mostly Trek , Specialized and Haro) and yes to buy one in my country will cost you at least 2 or 3 average wages...respect:D

#4 ·
quake

OUTsane(the original) said:
I'm getting a Quake shortly, it's on layaway, can't wait!
:thumbsup: ..you won t be dissapointed...to say the least... btw ...is it a quke 7.2? or 7.3?...
Anyways you ll be delighted...if you are not a pro rider, no need to upgrade in the beginning except maybe the brakes and rims-I changed the stock Hayes Nine for Avid code 5.....
and yes...you ll be able to climb too your ride provided you re not 79 years old:D :D :D
as said in the firs repy it s BADASS bike:madmax: :madmax: :madmax:
enjoy when you grab it...jus make sure to set the sag properly it s very important on the quake...just play a bit with all the possible combinations of a rear shock....
p.s.give us some feed back of the setup of your quake:cool:
respect...

#5 ·
gambino369 said:
:thumbsup: ..you won t be dissapointed...to say the least... btw ...is it a quke 7.2? or 7.3?...
Anyways you ll be delighted...if you are not a pro rider, no need to upgrade in the beginning except maybe the brakes and rims-I changed the stock Hayes Nine for Avid code 5.....
and yes...you ll be able to climb too your ride provided you re not 79 years old:D :D :D
as said in the firs repy it s BADASS bike:madmax: :madmax: :madmax:
enjoy when you grab it...jus make sure to set the sag properly it s very important on the quake...just play a bit with all the possible combinations of a rear shock....
p.s.give us some feed back of the setup of your quake:cool:
respect...
It's a leftover '09 7.8, from Pedal Shop. I think it comes with Code 5 brakes, not sure. I'm just getting into the freeride/downhill scene, and the last mtb I had was a fisher mullet which I had to sell to get my supermoto, so there might be a good deal of trial and error before I figure out how to set up the suspension. What's the sag supposed to be, a third of the total travel?

I'll be sure to post a couple pics when I get it, I just need another 600 bucks first:thumbsup: Can't wait!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.